DVDVR Message Board

E3 2015

We're about a month away, so it's time to start the baseless speculation and predictions!

First off, here's the schedule as of now:

Sunday, June 14
Bethesda - 7 p.m. Pacific / 10 p.m. Eastern

Monday, June 15
EA - 1 p.m. Pacific / 3 p.m. Eastern

Tuesday, June 16
Square Enix - 9 a.m. Pacific / 12 p.m. Eastern

PC Gaming - 5 p.m. Pacific / 8 p.m. Eastern

To be announced:
Microsoft
Sony
Nintendo
Ubisoft

----------------------------------------------

And now, let's look at some of the best moments of E3's past!

KinectimalsShawnMichaels.gif

Do we finally get some Fallout news?

If Bethesda has their very own press conference for the first time and DOESN'T have Fallout, that would be a disaster. So yeah, you're getting Fallout. It's the biggest lock this year. And I also wouldn't be shocked if it comes out this fall.

As long as Sony gets the primetime slot I will be good.

Why? There's no more G4 and I don't believe Spike shows these conferences live anymore (but I could be wrong), so they're all online, you can watch them whenever you want.

All I ever care about these days, for E3, is Nintendo.  Maybe we'll hear about the next console or something.  My hopes for a redeeming Sonic game are gone too (Sonic Boom was terrible, obviously, but the couple before that were decent to good).

All I ever care about these days, for E3, is Nintendo.  Maybe we'll hear about the next console or something.

Eh, when they mentioned NX for the first time, they said "You'll hear more about it next year". So I wouldn't get your hopes up. This year will be all about Star Fox and mobile games for Nintendo, I think.

All I ever care about these days, for E3, is Nintendo.  Maybe we'll hear about the next console or something.

Eh, when they mentioned NX for the first time, they said "You'll hear more about it next year". So I wouldn't get your hopes up. This year will be all about Star Fox and mobile games for Nintendo, I think.

I'm not really getting my hopes up much.  I got tired of doing that after the Wii-U announcement back in 2011.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane with that video.  I was there live for the Ubisoft briefing with Mr. Caffeine.  When Ubisoft brought out Mr. Caffiene, I was like who the hell is this?  So apparently he's like some professional infomercial pitchman.  Was Ubisoft trying to be comically ironic?

Thanks for the trip down memory lane with that video. I was there live for the Ubisoft briefing with Mr. Caffeine. When Ubisoft brought out Mr. Caffiene, I was like who the hell is this? So apparently he's like some professional infomercial pitchman. Was Ubisoft trying to be comically ironic?

I had a lot of fun searching for bad E3 moments tonight. Missed out on editing my own MKX Let's Play that we recorded because of it.

• Like 1

I remember going to the pre-E3 show for Konami one year, I think it was 2011, and I remember they showed the crowd there this really dry, long and boring preview video.  It was such a let down because Kojima was in it and he was interviewed and basically said absolutely nothing of note for what felt like 20 minutes.  There was this bullshit about transfarring that no on there gave a shit about.  It was like one big tease for Metal Gear Solid V only for Kojima to not announce anything at all.  Just this one long, bizarre and boring preview video.

I remember not being so much infuriated by it except for like...WTF.  I recall this video was streamed online, so it should be out there if you look for it.  

I'm like have any of these organizers ever been to like D23 or Comic-Con?  Watch a Marvel Studios panel, they know how to play to a crowd.  

I'm like have any of these organizers ever been to like D23 or Comic-Con?  Watch a Marvel Studios panel, they know how to play to a crowd.  

I am sure that when it comes to video game companies and Marvel, the ratio of people with people skills to people without people skills is like 999999999 to one.

They're there to talk about the tech and not much else.  Marvel and DC folks do not assume that concept will sell itself.

Besides, Marvel is appealing to fans who are in attendance. The majority of people in attendance at E3 press conferences is, at least supposed to be, press and vendors. I think the whole tradition of crazy whooping/cheering for press conferences is just another bullet point for "video game journalism is terrible." I know Nintendo used to let fans in and that's how we got that whole insane cult of personality around Reggie.

Then again at this point, E3 only exists in my world as an excuse to get on skype with my friends and make fun of the press conferences. Not like I have actual investment in how crowds respond to that stuff.

I am sure that when it comes to video game companies and Marvel, the ratio of people with people skills to people without people skills is like 999999999 to one.

They're there to talk about the tech and not much else.  Marvel and DC folks do not assume that stuffing instead of potatoes will sell itself.

Then why are they bringing in the likes of Jamie Kennedy and Aaron Priceman to bomb their whole pressers?

They're there to talk about the tech and not much else.  Marvel and DC folks do not assume that stuffing instead of potatoes will sell itself.

Then why are they bringing in the likes of Jamie Kennedy and Aaron Priceman to bomb their whole pressers?

Someone had fond memories of Kennedy's role on VR Troopers?

I usually make predictions on E3 and surprised at how close I am to being correct. Here's mine for this year:

1) Gears of War Reloaded (not Remastered) is announced and will be coming to Xbox One in Holiday 2015. With Halo 5 Guardians on October 27th and Rise of the Tomb Raider in Holiday 2015, I expect Gears of War Remastered to take a portion of Microsoft's E3. We'll see a Xbox One Gears of War teaser which is likely to be the "Resident Evil 4" of the series (stays true to the Gears of War standard tropes but with new wrinkles).

2) Sony will have two more Remastered games: Uncharted Collection Remastered and God of War Ascension Remastered. Both will be in the Fall 2015. UC Remastered will have a UC4 multiplayer beta. GOW Ascension Remastered will include a demo of GOW4 once that's available.

3) "Destiny Comet" (you remember from the leaked contract?) will be announced and will probably have some lame subtitle. My guess: Destiny - Comet's Trail. More missions, Crucible mode, increased level cap, you'll get better Engrams promise, the story might make sense, no you can't kill the Cryptarch sorry.

4) Galak-Z and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture will get US release date for Sony's big "Fall PSN event." They'll also announce the other games for the event -- Galak-Z, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Aszu, Rime, and No Man's Sky. I will go full on Phoenix "I CAN'T CONTROL IT!" at that.

5) Watch_Dogs 2 will be announced by Ubisoft and you won't play as Aidan so you should be happy. Assassin's Creed Victory is announced and it will be out in November and it may or may not be buggy.

6) Rayman Legends 2 for PS4/XB1 will be announced along with Valiant Hearts: The Second World War and Child of Light 2. Dean Evans' project after Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon will announced as well and will be amazing.

7) Dishonored II will be announced for PS4/XB1/PC.

8) Darksiders 3 will finally be a thing and will come from Nordic Games in Spring 2016.

9) Starfox Wii U will get a release date and more of Zelda Wii U will be shown.

10) Bloodborne will be announced as having DLC and probably will be called "The Hunter's Forgotten Dream" and will have Demon's/Dark Souls bosses. Dark Souls 3 will be announced for PS4/XB1/PC.

I am probably wrong. I'm not Nostradamus.

• Like 1

It's funny that Nintendo says, "Zelda won't be at E3" and everyone assumes they're full of shit (and I tend to be one of those people too).

What else would Nintendo have to show? Honestly they seem less and less interested in actually releasing new software for their systems. All they have to do at this is say that there will be a "Gold Link" Amiibo and people WILL buy it. The games that people want (a new F-Zero, a new Metroid, new IP's, a new Mario game for Wii U, Animal Crossing for Wii U, etc.), Nintendo doesn't want to do. The 50 and 60 year olds in charge of Nintendo won't let that happen. They are just counting all the money from Amiibo sales because people are gullible.

I halfway expect them to announce more "New 3DS" games like Metroid Prime 3D, Super Mario Sunshine 3D, Paper Mario TTYD 3D, F-Zero GX 3D and maybe Super Smash Bros Brawl 3D. I don't think we'll get a release for "Zelda Wii U" just more in-progress footage of the game or even a story teaser.

Oh and Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 will get a release date at E3 along with possible release dates for SMT x FE and FE if.