DVDVR Message Board

Classic WWF/WCW Wrestling Games

RonL21

Came by a Gamecube, so I decided to pick up Day of Reckoning (2).  

It's outdated, obviously, but loving the gameplay.  No idea why they abandoned this engine in favor of SVR.

I miss the Gamecube, wish I still had mine. Never got DOR 2 but loved the first one. The story mode in that was one of my top favorites.

Came by a Gamecube, so I decided to pick up Day of Reckoning (2).  

It's outdated, obviously, but loving the gameplay.  No idea why they abandoned this engine in favor of SVR.

I think they went with SVR because it was the engine on the more popular system and was thus, most familiar. From a business perspective, that does make sense, especially when the decision makers most likely don't play video games.

• 1 month later...

So I've googled and such but can't seem to find any modern day Puroresu CAWS for VPW2. Looking for the entire Bullet Club, Nakamura, Tanahashi, Okada, Davey Boy Jr, Lance Archer - mainly the New Japan guys as it's the main Puro promotion I kinda keep up to date with, thanks. 

First thing to do is turn the N64 on and off about 90 times.

Oh so it's Japanese No Mercy?

Does it wipe all your save data as well?

It is Japanese No Mercy more or less

They took out all the WWF stuff for an All Japan license and fake versions of all the other Japanese promotions.

Has a shootfighting mode with Pancrase rope break point rules that kicks so much ass.

The turning on and off is to unlock stuff.  If you turn it on and off so many times, it'll unlock the moves and taunts from the WWF games.  After that, it'll unlock the moves from the WCW games.

VPW 2 has pretty cool ways to unlock stuff, actually

• Like 1

Right, menus and names translated, I've made a Steve Austin and a Sting. Next up, a Foley to battle the Funker.

What I wonder is, why aren't all these attires in No Mercy? Where are all the masks? No Mercy is a bit shitty when it comes to that.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The last one on PS2, Fire Pro Returns. It still has a strong community surrounding it with recent edit packs found here. They have guides, edit packs, and a tonne of support in addition to a funny community that is just dying for a new game. They're still talking about that Spike tweet from last April. 

• Like 3

On 12/2/2015 at 9:04 AM, Tromatagon said:

IVPW 2 has pretty cool ways to unlock stuff, actually

Like winning the Tag League, and your reward is fighting Andre and Jumbo.  Unlock them... IF you can beat them.

18 hours ago, Oyaji said:

The last one on PS2, Fire Pro Returns. It still has a strong community surrounding it with recent edit packs found here. They have guides, edit packs, and a tonne of support in addition to a funny community that is just dying for a new game. They're still talking about that Spike tweet from last April. 

Checking the link and I'm getting that urge again to put some saves into the game.  The updated ones look pretty damn good.

• Like 1