DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 PHOTO THREAD

You're god damned right we do.

(Not mine)

image.jpg

Do you like Macho Man? I've been a big Randy Savage fan ever since his debut in WWF in 1985. Before that, I really didn't understand any of his work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was in WWF where, uh, Randy's presence became more apparent. I think Wrestlemania 5's match with Hogan was his undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on friendship and betrayal. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the bond that Hogan and Macho had as the Mega Powers duo. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing on "I'm Back." You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to "Perfect Friend." In this song, Randy addresses the problems of friends gone too soon. "Remember Me" is the most moving pop song of the millennia, about his legendary status in the ring and how he will never be forgotten. The song is extremely uplifting. His lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rap. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your ass. Macho's solo ring career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially matches with Shawn Michaels and, uh, Ric Flair. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Macho Man works best within the confines of the ring as a solo wrestler than as a tag team and I stress the word, "Tag team." This is "Be a Man", a great, great song, a personal favorite.

• Like 13

Scanning in some WCW Magazine pics, looks like they ran a NJPW Benoit vs Taz shot in their May 1993 issue:

tumblr_np33pyXC6w1sg99p0o1_540.png

Tazz had one NJPW tour in 1992 as the Tazmaniac... never knew that. 

Date Sunday, 1992/11/22
Venue Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo, Tokyo (Japan)
Audience 11.500
Show Archive: NJPW

1 Hiroyoshi Yamamoto defeated Satoshi Kojima (11:50 minutes)

2 Pegasus Kid defeated The Tazmaniac
3 Hiro Saito, Norio Honaga, Super Strong Machine and Tatsutoshi Goto defeated Black Cat, Koji Kanemoto, Osamu Kido and Takayuki Iizuka
4 Jushin Thunder Liger defeated Dean Malenko
5 Shinya Hashimoto defeated TNT
6 IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Match
Último Dragón defeated El Samurai © (20:45 minutes) - TITLE CHANGE!!!
7 IWGP Tag Team Titles Match
Scott Norton and Tony Halme defeated Steiner Brothers (Rick Steiner and Scott Steiner) © (12:49 minutes) - TITLE CHANGE!!!
8 IWGP Heavyweight Title Match
The Great Muta © defeated Sting (16:44 minutes)
9 Akira Nogami, Hiroshi Hase, Riki Choshu and Tatsumi Fujinami defeated Akitoshi Saito, Kengo Kimura, Masashi Aoyagi and Shiro Koshinaka (21:39 minutes)

You're god damned right we do.

(Not mine)

image.jpg

Do you like Macho Man? I've been a big Randy Savage fan ever since his debut in WWF in 1985. Before that, I really didn't understand any of his work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was in WWF where, uh, Randy's presence became more apparent. I think Wrestlemania 5's match with Hogan was his undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on friendship and betrayal. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the bond that Hogan and Macho had as the Mega Powers duo. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing on "I'm Back." You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to "Perfect Friend." In this song, Randy addresses the problems of friends gone too soon. "Remember Me" is the most moving pop song of the millennia, about his legendary status in the ring and how he will never be forgotten. The song is extremely uplifting. His lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rap. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your ass. Macho's solo ring career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially matches with Shawn Michaels and, uh, Ric Flair. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Macho Man works best within the confines of the ring as a solo wrestler than as a tag team and I stress the word, "Tag team." This is "Be a Man", a great, great song, a personal favorite.

Not enough likes possible. My day has been made reading this.

Scanning in some WCW Magazine pics, looks like they ran a NJPW Benoit vs Taz shot in their May 1993 issue:

tumblr_np33pyXC6w1sg99p0o1_540.png

Tazz had one NJPW tour in 1992 as the Tazmaniac... never knew that. 

Date Sunday, 1992/11/22
Venue Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo, Tokyo (Japan)
Audience 11.500
Show Archive: NJPW

1 Hiroyoshi Yamamoto defeated Satoshi Kojima (11:50 minutes)

2 Pegasus Kid defeated The Tazmaniac
3 Hiro Saito, Norio Honaga, Super Strong Machine and Tatsutoshi Goto defeated Black Cat, Koji Kanemoto, Osamu Kido and Takayuki Iizuka
4 Jushin Thunder Liger defeated Dean Malenko
5 Shinya Hashimoto defeated TNT
6 IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Match
Último Dragón defeated El Samurai © (20:45 minutes) - TITLE CHANGE!!!
7 IWGP Tag Team Titles Match
Scott Norton and Tony Halme defeated Steiner Brothers (Rick Steiner and Scott Steiner) © (12:49 minutes) - TITLE CHANGE!!!
8 IWGP Heavyweight Title Match
The Great Muta © defeated Sting (16:44 minutes)
9 Akira Nogami, Hiroshi Hase, Riki Choshu and Tatsumi Fujinami defeated Akitoshi Saito, Kengo Kimura, Masashi Aoyagi and Shiro Koshinaka (21:39 minutes)

Yep.  He worked as a junior because he's short.  That's not a joke.

The NJPW locker room had a scale AND one of these:

This%2BTall.jpg

Wouldn't it be AJPW if it was a cowboy? :)

Depends on what mood you caught Inoki in.

• Like 1