DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 WRESTLING DISCCUSSION

Watch the latest edition of Unfiltered with Renee and Wade - he said he was working in a lab after getting his marine biology degree from the University of Liverpool

QrZPEYC.jpg

Titleist?

• Like 3

Could you imagine My Client Brock Lesnar as early-mid 90s All Japan gaijin beating the shit out of Kawada and making the Japanese crowds flee?

I can imagine it.

And it's glorious.

I'm just now getting into puroresu, mostly by the random DVD deal from HighSpots, which means I'm now getting to know and love Stan Hansen (thanks to a 'best of Hansen in Japan' disc).

Lesnar vs. Hansen, with the crowd chanting 'Han-sen, Han-sen'.

ALL THE DOLLARS.

EDIT: Also, I purchased WresteCrate, got it today. Was pretty decent for what I payed, less than $20, with shipping. Got a Daniel Bryan POP! vinyl, a Macho Man beer coozy, a weird drawing of Seth Rollins, and the following shirt, which made it all worth it...

20150529_175946_zpsbozwhnxl.jpg

Worked out for me.

• Like 1

They could have colored-coded that better to really follow Reservoir Dogs.

Definitely, but it's still a really cool shirt. I'm not the type to really buy/wear wrestling shirts (the only ones I've ever owned are a purple Kings of Wrestling shirt, which I still have, and a really cool Human Tornado shirt that I gave away for a Secret Santa), mostly because they tend to look really horrible, but that's one that I'm more than willing to wear out to the bar or whatever.

That said, I agree, because as it is now, it sits in a weird area where it's not 'these masks match the colors', nor are they like the most popular masked guys ever. I mean, it has Matt Classic on it, so I dunno what theme, if any, they were going for.

Wrote a blog post about wrestling. Won't be new information for most of you, but if you wanted to help me and click the link, I'd consider it a favor and will owe you a click later on...

http://sb.gg/Aiqp

Damn, that was a fantastic article.  Great job.  Will definitely share but don't feel afraid to pass that along to people.  Tweeting it out to a couple worthwhile Twitter accounts for example might help get the ball rolling.

I wouldnt know who to tweet about it...

I mean, it has Matt Classic on it, so I dunno what theme, if any, they were going for.

Oh, I'd def. sport the shirt, it's pretty cool. But christ, that's Colt Cabana? I thought they were doing Masked Superstar and screwed with the mask. Shows how much I know.

And worse, "SOME OTHER GUY ON SOME OTHER JOB IS MR. BLACK." Now I'm wondering who Mr. Brown and Mr. Orange would be. I bet someone can come up with Orange way sooner than Brown.

We were having a similar conversation on another board I post on (where I got Mascarita Sagrada confused with Mistico because I am lucha dumb), and, yeah, I'm fairly certain it's Classic/Cabana and not Eadie.

003.jpg

If time travel is ever invented/perfected, AXE BOMBAH Hogan is just gonna use it to work 600 days a year

Didnt he already do that back in '73?

That was the year he body slammed the 890lbs Andre just a week after having his neck fused due to a botched Undertaker Tombstone.

• Like 1

Get your facts straight. First off, it was 1974, the year he and the Stones put out "It's Only Rock 'N Roll". Second of all, Andre was still being trained by Hogan in Gagne's barn, along with Flair, Savage, Gotch and Beefcake. So, your post is highly inaccurate. Honest mistake, for sure.

Moving on...

• Like 1

Okay, when time travel is invented I now have a second goal of ensuring that Brock Lesnar vs. Stan Hansen, Dr. Death, Big Van Vader, Muta, Sting, and AXE BOMBAH Hulk Hogan all must happen now.

A "Time Travel Tournament of Hosses" would be pretty much amazing.

Okay, when time travel is invented I now have a second goal of ensuring that Brock Lesnar vs. Stan Hansen, Dr. Death, Big Van Vader, Muta, Sting, and AXE BOMBAH Hulk Hogan all must happen now.

Brock Lesnar VS Attila.

Matt Classic probably would have gotten over with Vince if he saw it, and led to more for Colt.

I always thought Matt Classic would be a better WWE gimmick than Colt being Colt under a different name. I have no idea if they had any interest in it though and I guess I don't blame Colt for not wanting to sign over the rights to the gimmick either. But yea Matt Classic vs. Legends could have been fun for a while.