DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 WRESTLING DISCCUSSION

Seriously, having the authority feud with Cena and debuting their own version to prove he is a product of WWE Marketing would be tremendous. You wouldn't even have to break-up the PTPs or change Darren Young's name, just repackage him as Cena from music, attire, moves, and some merch. Have him do everything identically to Cena, but with the added bonus of Titus barking in the corner.

It'd be easy, entertaining, and could given Cena some depth and something to do for a few months without having to worry about burring anyone. So of course they'd never do it.

Vince Russo approves.

Here's what I've read about the AJ thing

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/backstage-news-wwe-interested-in-signing-aj-styles-now-details-on-his-future-more

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

According to sources, WWE is warming up to the idea of trying to sign AJ Styles. As previously reported, the company didn’t show a lot of interest in Styles when he left TNA. However, with WWE planning on building NXT into a full touring brand by next year, they want to load up on talent to split between the three road tours and the company has “greatly changed its thoughts” on Styles.

It is worth mentioning that Styles is under contract to NJPW and is happy there, so there’s nothing saying that this will happen, but the company is definitely more interested at this point.

They can tour NXT like an indy and run smaller, and hopefully more unique, venues.

NXT in the Grand Ballroom at the Manhattan Center or downstairs at the Hammerstein would be awesome.

The Hammerstein is one of if not my favorite wrestling venue. Its has a very unique look. Its a cool backdrop to watch wrestling. Never been live but have watched plenty of wrestling from there.

They can tour NXT like an indy and run smaller, and hopefully more unique, venues.

NXT in the Grand Ballroom at the Manhattan Center or downstairs at the Hammerstein would be awesome.

The Hammerstein is one of if not my favorite wrestling venue. Its has a very unique look. Its a cool backdrop to watch wrestling. Never been live but have watched plenty of wrestling from there.

I've been there for ECW and ROH, plus numerous concerts. Probably my favorite venue for live events.

I've been there for ECW and ROH, plus numerous concerts. Probably my favorite venue for live events.

Im on the opposite end of state but I would love to attend a wrestling show at the Hammerstein one day. Gun N Roses or more appropriately Axl and Friends have performed there a few years back I know that. Its a cool looking place. 

Only been to Hammerstein once, for the first ECW One Night Stand. A fantastic night, but the room itself definitely helped with the aura and it seemed like one of those spots where the vibe of the room itself enhances and adds more energy to whatever is going on. It only seats 2500 but the acoustics made it one of the loudest rooms I have ever been in for wrestling.

Wrote a blog post about wrestling. Won't be new information for most of you, but if you wanted to help me and click the link, I'd consider it a favor and will owe you a click later on...

http://sb.gg/Aiqp

Excellent piece. Enzo is going to be a goldmine on the main roster if they just let him do what he does.

Seems like a real waste of money. That match shouldn't even go over 30 seconds.

So Lesnar is working a house show ............... in Japan ............... against Kofi Kingston

RIP Kofi

Wrote a blog post about wrestling. Won't be new information for most of you, but if you wanted to help me and click the link, I'd consider it a favor and will owe you a click later on...

Damn, that was a fantastic article.  Great job.  Will definitely share but don't feel afraid to pass that along to people.  Tweeting it out to a couple worthwhile Twitter accounts for example might help get the ball rolling.

Good work, fella! One minor quibble, don't fall for the Wade Barrett bare knuckle fighting thing. He was a recruitment consultant when he started training for wrestling.

So Lesnar is working a house show ............... in Japan ............... against Kofi Kingston

RIP Kofi

We must remain positive, guys.

Wait, this is real?  Maybe I should start clapping now in hopes he only gets injuries to a few places instead of his whole body.

And for crying out loud, somebody get a camera in there somehow!  This must be documented for the world to see.

• Like 1