DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 WRESTLING DISCCUSSION

"Entitlement" would make a great name for a heel stable.

That's what Legacy should have been called. 

Speaking of Legacy, is Ted Jr. out of the business?  I remember him taking a couple independent dates right after he left WWE, then nothing.  A quick bit of googling doesn't turn up anything more recent.  Anyone know what he's doing now?  Ministry with his father?

"Entitlement" would make a great name for a heel stable.

That's what Legacy should have been called.

Speaking of Legacy, is Ted Jr. out of the business? I remember him taking a couple independent dates right after he left WWE, then nothing. A quick bit of googling doesn't turn up anything more recent. Anyone know what he's doing now? Ministry with his father?

Whatever he's doing, I hope he's upholding the DiBiase legacy of trying to buy championships, kicking basketballs away from little kids, trying to buy a slave, and having Virgil give him foot massages.

http://nesn.com/2015/05/report-justin-bieber-almost-fought-in-a-wwe-match-with-john-cena/

So apparently, Bieber almost tagged with Cena and Big Show to take on the Wyatt Family at SummerSlam last year. Not sure what the angle would've been going in but I imagine that Bray doing Sister Abigail to Bieber would've gotten a pop that would've rivaled anything from the Attitude Era. 

In the current WWE environment, a more likely scenario would have been Bieber going over Bray clean with a Stunner.  Followed by everyone defending it because a five second clip of that moment gets plastered all over the Internet, the Today/Tonight show, etc. for a couple of days (because getting non-fans to tilt their head in the WWE's direction momentarily before dismissing it completely in short order is genius booking strategy).  Then Bieber gets celebrated on the board as the best celebrity worker in the history of our great sport and wins March Madness.

• Like 3

I think K-Fed gets mentioned more by DVDVR for his brief wrestling stint, than he does in all other media for all time for anything he may have done as a reality TV star or the ex-Mr Brittney Spears. The world has moved on from K-Fed but DVDVR remembers. 

• Like 1

Vince Russo, probably thinking he isn't likeable enough on his own, decided to get the one podcast guest who everyone agrees is a ray of sunshine to brighten up that show: Bill DeMott.

And on that show, Bill had this to say:

"I always use the term it’s never the quarterback, it’s the coach. Millennials, I think right that’s what this generation is called the millennials. I think it’s in the whole world. So what I can say and what I will say is as a dad as you are, as I am, I try to figure that out to keep my children away from that entitlement.

I guess it’s old school that you get what you earn and you try to earn what you want. I think that’s all I am going to say about that because I think no matter what the case, Walmart, Publix, IBM, I always use IBM I don’t know why, I go to a lot of management seminars and that’s a lot of the conversation, the opening conversation: ‘What do we do when they don’t like that?’ And I want to walk out because I’m not going to learn anything if I’m still trying to figure out.

It’s tough, it’s going to be tough for whoever has to figure out what they want tomorrow.”

........what?

To me all of this Demott stuff boils down to the fact that Vince thought that f'n HUGH MORRUS should be training people. I know that you don't have to be a big name to be a good worker but can anyone actually think of more than 5-10 great matches that Hugh Morrus/Bill Demott was in? For as much crap as Billy Gunn got back in the day, I can see why you'd want a guy like that training younger guys b/c he knows how to structure a tag-team match. What qualifies Hugh Morrus to yell at anyone? Because he was the first guy to lose to Bill Goldberg? Because he once had a couple of decent matches with Lance Storm?

He was a good hand for years. Nothing great,but he had decent enough matches and never hurt anyone. 

Saying "When was he any good?" confuses the issue. His behavior would not be acceptable from Dean Malenko or Bobby Eaton. 

Maybe I worded my post poorly b/c I wasn't saying his behavior would've been justified no matter how good of a worker he was. I was just wondering how Hugh Morrus of all people got to be the head trainer. He was a good hand and all but he's not a guy I'd think of to be responsible for churning out talent for the #1 wrestling company in the world.

I can't even be bothered to pay attention to their matches, much less their tweets.

Superkick superkick high spot superkick superkick flippy move superkick. I think that's about it.

But how are their punches? Are they at the level of Jerry Lawler, Bobby Eaton, and Billy Joe Travis?

• Like 1

Harley is one guy I could see punching through the top of his casket, sit up, dust off, and go order a scotch double vodka

Sadly, Harley's penchant for vodka is documented.

For scotch, perhaps Nick Bockwinkle

James

People complaining about repetitious jokes on a wrestling message board where most of us have been posting for a decade is way more annoying than all of the DVDVR memes combined. 

........bacon strip.

• Like 9

I still don't know who Pitbull is.

#reallythickwrestlingbubble

Pitbull #1 is Gary Wolfe. He's still alive. Pitbull #2 was Anthony Durante. He's dead.

I can't tell you anything about the rapper/entertainer Pitbull other than he looks like Batista.

• Like 1

People complaining about repetitious jokes on a wrestling message board where most of us have been posting for a decade is way more annoying than all of the DVDVR memes combined. 

........bacon strip.

Pretty much.  We've all known each other for a good while now, and friends tend to have stupid inside jokes with each other.

I can't even be bothered to pay attention to their matches, much less their tweets.

Superkick superkick high spot superkick superkick flippy move superkick. I think that's about it.

But how are their punches? Are they at the level of Jerry Lawler, Bobby Eaton, and Billy Joe Travis?

Their punches aren't great, but they have an amazing missile superkick that totally revitalizes the spot.

........bacon strip.

Pretty much.  We've all known each other for a good while now, and friends tend to have stupid inside jokes with each other.

Didn't Nova invent that?

• Like 3

I believe every Meng/Race story I hear because there's too much corroboration and they're too ridiculous to be made up but more importantly because I never hear either of them ever brag about any of it.

And Kid Kash and Jamie Noble were the best Pitbulls.  Dale!

• Like 2