DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 WRESTLING DISCCUSSION

Hey, Zach Ryder had a match on Raw a week or two ago. You can't say you weren't surprised by that.

A reasonably competitive would have been a surprise. That wasn't. That guy is some how lower on the totem pole than Heath Slater and Adam Rose.

Interesting to note that Payback is going to be in Baltimore in two weeks. The WWE dodged a bullet a few months ago in St. Louis by just a day. I don't see tension easing in the city anytime soon.

and 95% of the time the thing that happens is Cena Wins LOL

The other 5% it's "black guys team and/or feud".

It's more ALLAUTHORITYALLTHETIME.

Couldn't they just move it to the Verizon Center in DC? 

With both the Wizards and Caps in the playoffs.... no

That being said - the charges filed today probably will help ease things down by the time a few weeks rolls around

Yeah, living/working in Baltimore I can confirm things are going to be fine come Payback.  Now if it were to turn into they weren't guilty, then no it would absolutely not be fine to have it here.

Speaking of Payback, haven't bought a ticket a yet but am considering it.  It's also going to be a fairly busy week at that.  On top of Payback there's JR's show in Baltimore and if I can get tickets NXT in Philly Friday.  My wallet might take a hit if I do all these.  But if anybody's going to either B-more show let me know.

Sometimes when I'm bored I just browse shopzone. What a weird place. 90% of the items on the site are never for sale at the booths at live shows. I'm convinced many of the items don't even exist.

Are people really buying Bella Twins keychains or Daniel Bryan women's sandals?

Sometimes when I'm bored I just browse shopzone. What a weird place. 90% of the items on the site are never for sale at the booths at live shows. I'm convinced many of the items don't even exist.

Are people really buying Bella Twins keychains or Daniel Bryan women's sandals?

We should order these items just to see.  Take up a little collection.  

Watched the original Mad Max films, it was fun to see all the influence they had on wrestling. At least six different wrestlers/gimmicks came directly from the sequels. I always associated "two men enter one man leaves" with cage matches, I'm guessing this is where Dusty got it. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure this is where he also got the idea for spin the wheel make the deal. Now I'm wondering what other films Dusty blatantly ripped off. Also Finlay's ring jacket of course needs to be mentioned.

Because it's the internet, Nattie wanted people to tweet cat pictures sad over New Day.  Can't make this up.  I'd lament about cat pictures being used to discuss a feud in 2015, but daaaawww look at the cats, they're adorable!

http://www.wwe.com/inside/new-day-cesaro-kidd-natalya-twitter-cat-war

Is anyone in the Seattle area planning on going to Taco Libre tomorrow?

Eating tacos and watching Lucha Libre in 70 degree weather sounds like a fantastic time to me. 

Because it's the internet, Nattie wanted people to tweet cat pictures sad over New Day.  Can't make this up.  I'd lament about cat pictures being used to discuss a feud in 2015, but daaaawww look at the cats, they're adorable!

http://www.wwe.com/inside/new-day-cesaro-kidd-natalya-twitter-cat-war

Straight genius.  They can run this angle for months--cat-related stuff equals internet hits.  WWE is on to something with this one.