DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA Playoffs - QUARTERFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

Fuck Austin Rivers

A lot of Clippers fans gladly would right now. Might even let him do the weird stuff.
Clippers fans? They don't exist

Well, SOMEBODY was chanting his name.

I didn't post last night, as I was already incredibly drunk by the time Rose hit that shot. I think I jumped up on a table at the bar. What a badass.

Gibson was amazing last night at the 5. Clutch free throws too! We're going to see a whole lot of Gibson/Mirotic if Pau misses any time. Pau sitting out a few games might not be too bad for this series, but we will need him if we make it past the Cavs. He just can't handle TT on the glass.

Mirotic though! Damn you Thibs for not playing him sooner. He opened up so much space for Rose and Butler to drive in the 4th. +19 in 22 minutes.

Fuck Austin Rivers

A lot of Clippers fans gladly would right now. Might even let him do the weird stuff.

Clippers fans? They don't exist

I seldom agree with you on anything basketball related... but I agree with you on this point. 

Man, Z-Bo had Draymond and Speights bamboozled the whole game.  I knew that we wouldn't know what GSW was made of  until they ran into Memphis, and here we are.  It's because they play "Whoop that Trick" in the arena.

I didn't watch the whole 4th quarter, only from about Gasol's 5th and 6th foul. They showed the graphic about how Golden State made their comeback: refs called 10 fouls on Memphis and 2 on GS, with Memphis taking 15 free throws. Gasol's 5th and 6th fouls were some deep bullshit, and it looked at least to me that the refs were trying to rustle up a comeback for the Warriors and another Steph Curry moment like game 3 vs. the Pelicans.

Of course, none of that matters because the Warriors couldn't buy a basket and even Curry is so shook he's missing free throws and open looks for threes he hasn't missed all year.

Memphis looks scary with Conley back (especially with the mask).

I don't think the Warriors continue to miss those open looks for another game. That was pretty much Memphis' best game for 3 quarters and Golden State's worst and it was still a 4 point game with 3 minutes left. 

Didn't Memphis have the best record in the NBA the second half of last season? They were also possibly (probably?) the second best team in the league this year when they were healthy. Weren't they the two seed until like two weeks or so to go? I forget all that. But my point is: The Grizzlies have been an elite team for a long stretch of time, and this really shouldn't surprise us. It's not because a jump shooting team can't win the title. (See: San Antonio.) It's just that Memphis is a damn good team and getting a lot of quality minutes from a lot of guys on the roster.

• Like 1

The Warriors shot 47.8% from the field and 39.8% from behind the arc during the season. In the two games they lost against Memphis, those numbers were 41.9%/23.1% and 43.2%/23.1%. The Grizzlies are winning because the Warriors' shooting is failing them. If they get that touch back, the Warriors will win.

• Like 1