DVDVR Message Board

NFL Draft Thread 2015

JRGoldman

It's two days away, I figured people might want a thread to discuss their hopes and dreams. Being from Cleveland, Thursday is basically the Superbowl for the Browns. I honestly have no idea who they should draft or what direction they are going to go in. I assume I will hate it no matter what. I guess in a perfect world they'd pick up a DT and another pass rusher, which means in reality they will trade every pick imaginable to draft Mariota.

What say you? Sleepers? Busts? Trades? Discussion~! 

I want O-line help for the Bills in the worst way. Will not be please at all with a QB early. . . Cassell isn't great by any means, but with the load of RB talent, they should be breaking teams balls with it first, then screens second. . . . 

For the Packers I want the same thing I want every year. Defensive help. Anywhere. D-line depth, linebackers, d-backs. Don't care. Just take the best available when you're up. After that, o-line depth. They were great last year, but that's because everyone stayed healthy, that's not likely to happen twice in a row.

• Like 3

Since Packers have been covered, I'll just say that as a Texas Longhorns fan, having a player actually drafted this year will be nice. And if Malcom Brown drops out of the 1st Rd. I'll be pissed.

As a Pats fan the draft is a just a rollercoaster of emotions. What will always happen is there will be a guy on the board who will make complete sense for the Pats to draft and instead they will trade down and then draft a def. back from Rutgers, or add depth to a position we already seem to be set at. and then address our needs after the third round and through undrafted free agents.

It's worked out well for us no doubt but it never fails when I'm like awww yeah we're gonna get ___________ it's always followed by the New England Patriots traded their pick to ________ and find out what we get in return is usually for next years draft. Oh and we can't pick WR's for shit, Kendrel Tompkins looked like he might have developed into something but we cut him to make room for I believe a LB off the practice squad.

• Like 1

I'd like to see Tampa take that #1 pick and turn it into a crap ton of picks and then invest in their O-line and secondary.  What I expect to have happen is they take a QB at #1, throw him into the fire immediately behind the single worst O-line in the NFL and then scratching their heads as to why their star QB didn't live up to their expectations.  But hey we'll be a strong contender for a repeat as the Top of the Bottom!

No I'm not bitter about this team at all, why do you ask?  :P

For the Packers I want the same thing I want every year. Defensive help. Anywhere. D-line depth, linebackers, d-backs. Don't care. Just take the best available when you're up. After that, o-line depth. They were great last year, but that's because everyone stayed healthy, that's not likely to happen twice in a row.

I would be thrilled if Randy Gregory or Shane Ray fell to us in the 1st round. Exstatic if Shane Ray fell to us because he's the better of the two.

• Like 1

For the Panthers, we desperately need some more D-line strength. I don't know enough about who's available to say if there will be anyone decent that won't already be snatched up since we don't pick until the mid 20's.

I am a Raiders fan.  I expect nothing but pain and humiliation.

If somehow, any how, Leonard Williams falls to 4, I'll leave happy.

If they get Eric Kendricks later, I'll be overjoyed.

If they draft Cooper, I'll be ok.

They'll draft whoever ran fastest at the combine. The spirit of Al (who I, despite the last two decades, still have a ton of love for) is strong.

• Like 1

They'll draft whoever ran fastest at the combine. The spirit of Al (who I, despite the last two decades, still have a ton of love for) is strong.

The fastest guy at the combine is like 5'10" 156 lb, good luck with that. He may shatter on any contact.

The fastest guy at the combine is like 5'10" 156 lb, good luck with that. He may shatter on any contact.

Speed kills

(though in this case the victim will likely be the fast guy)

Oh, but can he not catch anything either?  Because no size and fragility is one thing - well, two things, actually.  You gotta throw in stone hands for him to be a proper Raider pick.

No bitterness at all.

And now the fuck fun begins (though take everything will a billion grains of salt)

ESPN is reporting that the Browns have offered the Titans both of their first round picks so that they can go to #2 and pick Mariota

Edited by RIPPA
I wrote fuck when I meant fun but both are probably true
  • Like 1