DVDVR Message Board

Raw 4-27-15

MGFanJay

Raw started with a KOTR vid that would've made absolutely no sense if you missed the PPV since they didn't build it up or reference it at all before them. Guys talked for 15 minutes and Kane made a holla holla tag match main event. Dolph and Barrett had every match they've ever had before Sheamus distracted the face and Barrett won.

Big E beat Kidd in a pretty nothing match. Bo lost to Ryback in a nothing match. Bray attacked Ryback to set up a bad match/series of matches. Slater was attacked by Rusev, so Cena didn't defend his title. Kane revealed the options for the PPV main event and they clear want a triple threat. Truth beat Stardust in a nothing KOTR match. Rosa distracted Fandango, so Rose won.  Brie cut an ungodly bad promo about her husband's health. Brie loses via wacky cradle. Dean lost thanks to Dolph attacking Sheamus, goofy Axel-Sandow stuff, and Neville beat Harper in a good-ish match. Main event was a thing. This show really sucked. 

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/04/wwe-raw-4-27-15.html

Screens - 

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/qsavvofrcuqlv4nyj45efm04vdx5lscb

So the King of the Ring tournament is essentially a two day thing, aka, the writers and creative are lazy as fuck and the winner receives nothing, I can't actually understand the incentive for anyone in it, it's essentially become the Charity Shield, zero lineage. Anyway. I loved Neville/Harper and want to see Neville face pretty much everyone on the roster, so that's a plus. Raw was a peripheral vision masterpiece this week.

• Like 2

When he was on the ramp, Rusev looked like he was miming like he was shaking the bars of a giant cage he was trapped in.  It was a cry for help.  The last rage shudder of a Kong about to get thrown off the Empire State building.

#prayforRusev

• Like 6

I'm distressed that Brie Bella can't even believably emote real life experiences about her husband that she has actually lived through. 

When she tells Bryan that she loves him...does he even believe her?

Yeah, but I bet even she wouldn't have botched that "Cryptkeeper" joke about Kane as horribly as Seth did...

Can anyone explain to me if the Sandow thing was good?  They clearly are going to let him communicate with the audience and keep some heat so he doesn't become Alex Riley.  But at the same time, they've now given him literally the most childish running joke you could possibly come up with.

Which of course will probably go over huge, right?  Like, you can't underestimate a wrestling crowd, right? 

At first I was, like, "Cool, they're going to let him talk.  he's a funny guy."  And then there was the pandering...and the "let's look at my old gimmicks" thing like he's Nash or someone and that stuff didn't just happen in the last year, and then the new gimmick reveals itself...

and he's Tom Green.

and after two or three "repeat what the guy you're talking to said" I was remembering that sensation I used to get whenever I watched Tom Green.  you know the one...it's kind of cute for 5-10 seconds, but then it doesn't stop until you're confused as to whether you are supposed to like him or hate him...and then you hate him and feel kind of bad about it...and then you realize he has no offense...and then you just hate him and feel good about it...and then he has, like, an internet show or something.

It was a complicated series of emotions.

• Like 1

I'm distressed that Brie Bella can't even believably emote real life experiences about her husband that she has actually lived through.

When she tells Bryan that she loves him...does he even believe her?

Yeah, but I bet even she wouldn't have botched that "Cryptkeeper" joke about Kane as horribly as Seth did...

Not only does Jimmy Jacobs need to write Seth's material, but apparently he needs to still be speaking for him.

• Like 1

I kinda get the feeling Sheamus is winning KOTR so they can build him back up as Cena's next foreign menace to conquer post-Rusev...

So we get King Sheamus AGAIN?  That was literally the lowest point of Sheamus' WWE career.  I'm actually picturing dementia Vince coming up with the idea and the underlings being too scared to tell him they already tried that five years ago.

But yeah, it's Barrett or Sheamus. 

I still like my Barrett pick, because unless there's a random Barrett face turn, I don't see them making the KotR final heel vs heel.

Though WWE has shown a bizarre willingness to do both random face turns and heel/heel matches, as of late...

Edit: I like how the very notion of Truth in the final is so alien to me that I take it as a complete given that it won't happen.

• Like 1

Lot of short matches until the last 3. Sheamus/Ambrose was pretty good stuff until the finish and Neville/Harper was awesome. Neville continues to be a weekly highlight each show. Figure it's too early for them to have him win the KOTR so I guess he'll lose to Barrett, but should be another good one. Enjoyed the main event as well.