DVDVR Message Board

Jon Jones Formally Reinstated Back into UFC; Return Date Being Discussed

hammerva

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

MMAFighting.com @MMAFighting 3h3 hours ago

Plea hearing set for former UFC champion Jon Jones in hit-and-run case (@marc_raimondi)

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/9/21/9358039/plea-hearing-set-for-former-ufc-champion-jon-jones-in-hit-and-run-case

The UFC organization is aware that Jon Jones reached a plea agreement with authorities in Albuquerque, New Mexico this morning stemming from charges associated with a motor vehicle accident earlier this year. As a result, UFC, through Las Vegas-based law firm Campbell & Williams, will thoroughly review the agreement before discussing Jones’ possible reinstatement to return to competition.

More information will be made available following completion of this review.

http://www.ufc.com/news/UFC-Statement-on-Jon-Jones-092915

so, Jones comes to the ring after this saturday's Cormier/Gus fight and challenges the winner to a rematch?

edit:

and of course the rematch will be in MSG, since that show was just announced.

I heard a rumor that he was suppose to be in Houston, but that was a few days before this ruling. He is authorized to travel for work purposes since it was only a misdemeanor, but I don't know if they would just allow him to leave NM so soon. Maybe he can. We'll see.

Jones gets off relatively easy yet again.  I wonder if that's the problem though.  I mean, I hope he cares enough that he was stripped of his title and this hurts his legacy.  But he's not really getting seriously punished enough for this.  

I hope getting stripped of the title is enough, but I suppose we shall see.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

He back, yall (officially)

Following a review of the plea agreement reached by Jon Jones and officials in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and the judge’s decision, UFC announced today the formal reinstatement of Jones to the UFC roster. Effectively immediately, Jones is eligible to return to competition. As such, UFC expects Jones to meet all of the terms of his plea agreement, including mandatory community service, as a condition of his reinstatement.

UFC is currently discussing with Jones a potential date for his return to the Octagon.

“We've made it clear to Jon that this new opportunity to compete in UFC is a privilege and not a right, and that there are significant expectations we have regarding his conduct moving forward," said UFC Chairman and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta. “We’re happy to read and see reports that he has embraced the terms of his plea agreement and is using this experience to grow and develop as a person.”

“I am thankful to be able to do what I love once again and I look forward to proving myself as a champion in and outside of the Octagon,” Jones said.

http://www.ufc.com/news/UFC-Formally-Reinstates-Jon-Jones

That loud crying and yelling you hear is from Cormier knowing his title reign is effectively over.   he better hope that Jones turns into Tyson after the prison term and becomes rusty, sloppy, and lazy

I would keep the belt because I seriously doubt this is the last time we hear about Jon Jones and major trouble

Man, I hope Jon Jones just trolls everybody as hard as he can. That's the only Jon Jones I've liked and the above is a decent start.

I can't imagine what would've happened to somebody that did the same thing as Jones without his money. That's not a criticism of Jones, but the US legal system.

• Like 1

Man, I hope Jon Jones just trolls everybody as hard as he can. That's the only Jon Jones I've liked and the above is a decent start.

I can't imagine what would've happened to somebody that did the same thing as Jones without his money. That's not a criticism of Jones, but the US legal system.

Well, his lawyers didn't have to do much. I remember there was an update in June IIRC where there was a deadline closing in for the state to build their case against Jones and bring sufficient evidence forward in order to go in front of a grand jury. That deadline came and went with no update from any media outlet in New Mexico let alone any reputable MMA or combat sports website.

I am sure there are theories about hush money abound, but it sounds like he wasn't as dead-to-rights as many people thought.