DVDVR Message Board

Jon Jones Formally Reinstated Back into UFC; Return Date Being Discussed

hammerva

Still doesn't look good for Jones.   Fact is that we know he hit a car with a pregnant woman and they are still looking for him.  Unless it happened in the last 5 hours why are still looking for him is rather shady

I think the cocaine rumor is out of the picture.  That is probably more important to Dana than this whole "sought for questioning" stuff unfortunately

Okay to be fair we don't know if he actually "hit" someone we just know he was there

Still doesn't look good for Jones.   Fact is that we know he hit a car with a pregnant woman and they are still looking for him.  Unless it happened in the last 5 hours why are still looking for him is rather shady

I think the cocaine rumor is out of the picture.  That is probably more important to Dana than this whole "sought for questioning" stuff unfortunately

If the ABQ police knew it was him, he would be a suspect at this very moment.

If the ABQ police knew it was him, he would be a suspect at this very moment.

Ok...now he is

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/4/26/8501655/albuquerque-pd-ufc-champ-jon-jones-officially-named-suspect-in-hit?utm_campaign=mmafighting&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

The UFC statement via the official website by way of Dave Sholler's Twitter

"We are aware that the Albuquerque Police Department is interested in speaking to Jon Jones regarding his possible involvement in a motor vehicle accident. We are in the process of gathering facts and will reserve further comment until more information is available."

Where does the cocaine come in at?

Bloodstain Lane, I believe.

Yeah, I get that much since I posted the tweet from FRB who in turn got it from BSL or whomever. However, why would you say/tweet something about cocaine unless he was apprehended with the substance? Either his source is psychic, there is white powdery stuff laying in the middle of the street, or the source got some real bad intel. If I was composing a tweet with that type of info, I would leave out the part that would probably get me into a shitload of legal drama.

I don't understand our legal system sometimes. I don't see how a hit and run causing injuries can ever just be a misdemeanor. That just encourages anyone that wrecks into a car and is under the influence of anything to run like hell, less punishment that way.

Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani 22m22 minutes ago

From ABQ PD: We are working on an arrest warrant for Jon Jones. The female suffered a broken arm … (Cont'd)

Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani 22m22 minutes ago

Cont'd from ABQ PD: … which has elevated the charge to Felony Leaving the Scene of an Accident." (Cont'd)

Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani 21m21 minutes ago

More from ABQ PD: "The victim's pregnancy appears to have been unaffected." (cont'd)

Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani 20m20 minutes ago

More from ABQ PD: We received a call from a local attorney who is representing himself as Mr. Jones’ lawyer, but we haven’t confirmed tha

Brett Okamoto @bokamotoESPN now4 seconds ago

Spoke with legal expert on alleged Jones H+R. If it can be proven he was under influence, that's very, very bad for him.

Brett Okamoto @bokamotoESPN 4s4 seconds ago

If Jones is charged with felony (expected) and he settles with victim, he can essentially avoid jail time.

Brett Okamoto @bokamotoESPN 33s33 seconds ago

The under the influence part is critical, since he pled guilty to DWI three years ago.

Yeah I put the edit to be fair

Apparently the woman only had "minor injuries".   That is a good sign for Jones and that it isn't a Donte Stallworth issue

Was it Rampage who had the traffic accident involving a pregnant woman years ago?

Yeah I put the edit to be fair

Apparently the woman only had "minor injuries".   That is a good sign for Jones and that it isn't a Donte Stallworth issue

Was it Rampage who had the traffic accident involving a pregnant woman years ago?

Yes, high off of energy drinks

Albuquerque Police @ABQPOLICE 3m3 minutes ago

An arrest warrant issued for UFC fighter Jon Jones.Arrangements have been made for Mr. Jones to turn himself in

unless they have an eyewitness that can put him behind the wheel, they can't do shit.  Jones should talk to a competent lawyer and not talk to anyone else.  They'll have to dismiss.  If he admits that he was driving or, worse, admits to being under the influence, he can dig himself a hole.  But if he just shuts the hell up, they ain't got shit.

unless they have an eyewitness that can put him behind the wheel, they can't do shit.  Jones should talk to a competent lawyer and not talk to anyone else.  They'll have to dismiss.  If he admits that he was driving or, worse, admits to being under the influence, he can dig himself a hole.  But if he just shuts the hell up, they ain't got shit.

About that...

"I watch UFC all the time, I know what Jon Jones looks like," said the off-duty cop who ID'd him at the scene: http://www.cabq.gov/police/documents/criminal-complaint-arrest-warrant-affidavit-jonathan-jones-april-27-2015.pdf/ 

unless they have an eyewitness that can put him behind the wheel, they can't do shit. Jones should talk to a competent lawyer and not talk to anyone else. They'll have to dismiss. If he admits that he was driving or, worse, admits to being under the influence, he can dig himself a hole. But if he just shuts the hell up, they ain't got shit.

About that...

Ben Fowlkes ‏@benfowlkesMMA 58s59 seconds ago

"I watch UFC all the time, I know what Jon Jones looks like," said the off-duty cop who ID'd him at the scene: http://www.cabq.gov/police/documents/criminal-complaint-arrest-warrant-affidavit-jonathan-jones-april-27-2015.pdf/ …

Eyewitness testimony ain't what it used to be. Sounds like the guy was projecting what he wanted to see.