DVDVR Message Board

Extreme Rules VII

Dolfan in NYC

That chain match was perfectly fine in the 2015 version of the WWE.  But in any decades that match would have killed the territory in its weakness.   And now it looks like Russev is not only going to lose to Cena FOR THE THIRD TIME but also lose Lana in some after match stuff.   Not a very good day for him

Don't worry, Jericho will come back this summer to put Rusev over and all will be well.

If they sacrifice Rusev to that overrated starfucker, that might be what finally gets me to stop watching. 

I mean, probably not, but come the fuck on.  Enough with Jericho already.  He hasn't been relevant since he was punching Shawn Michaels' wife in the mouth.

I dunno, man, I thought the Jericho/Punk stuff was fantastic and that was only a couple years ago. And, I kinda recall being in the minority on this, but I thought the Wyatt feud had potential to be something special but was cut off at the legs because of time constraints with the build.

That being said, dude does need to chill with the scarves

Eh I don't think Cena's at that stage of his career where he has to lose every one of his feuds yet (like Jericho does), he's still the most important cog in the machine and has years left all over the card. I think if it was up to Cena he would have put Rusev over though, but hell. He's done his fair share of jobs considering he's the Hogan of this era. That being said I DO think he should have put over Wyatt, he's never been the same since.

I always thought they pushed too hard, too early giving Wyatt a feud with Cena when they did. They should have waited another six months to a year and not begun the feud at Wrestlemania time.

I think the feud with Rusev had been mostly fine until last night's chain match which was just a dumb idea that did no one any favors. That said things honestly wouldn't be so bad if they would move Rusev on. They should be giving him King of the Ring instead of having do another match with Cena.

it's so easy to get Rusev out of this fued with Lana. "I don't want this title signifying this awful country. Instead I'm going after _____." Give him the intercontinental with Bryan injuried and have him mow through SD.

Watching the post-show videos and I REALLY am interested in what present Dean Ambrose left in the SUV to make things square with the owner that he borrowed.

Crystal Meth, an Ambrose horror punk t-shirt, and Mama Ambrose's award winning hobo chili recipe

• Like 1

I think that was one of the few major booking things they got spot on last night. Rollins is a chicken shit. He shouldn't beat anybody outside of El Torito, Heath Slater, and Cesaro cleanly. He survives Orton through nefarious means, the same with Reigns next month, and then who knows how you handle the Brock match at SummerSlam. That's why it'll be so intriguing.

Eh, I guess I just hate the idea of a pure chicken champ. I prefer my cheating heel champs to be of the "take the easy way out" variety rather than the "this is the only chance I've got" variety. It's his first run with the belt. Let him show that he deserves it but would rather take the short cuts instead of being someone who cant beat anyone. In fact, it's not like they established his team as a strong faction, either. He's had the belt for a month and there's already dissension. Anyway, it's the same to me as the face who wins a belt and then does nothing but lose non-title matches. It devalues their reign.

I still can't believe that Dolph trusted that Sheamus would actually honor the pre-match stip and kiss his "arse." Turning your back to a heel and giving him free access to low blow you is asking for.........well, a low blow. It fits with Dolph's persona to want to embarrass Sheamus but sometimes you have to take a win and leave. 

Or at the very least bring out someone else for the arse kissing part.

</random thought>

This.

There is no way to do this without making all the guys look stupid/homoerotic. The best thing WWE would have done (and this is totally 100% Monday Morning Quarterbacking the situation) is have Sheamus lose, refuse to pucker up, and then Rikishi's music hits. Sheamus tries to fight his way out of the situation only for Ziggler and Rikishi to set Sheamus up for the Stink Face. Crowd pops, Sheamus gets what was coming to him, and Ziggler doesn't look like a moron. This then gives fire to the heel to come back for blood instead of ass kissing which raises the stakes for the eventual rematch at Payback.

Re: PPV

Overall it was fine. Lana waving to the crowd and smiling was too forced. Rusev now has two losses in a row to Cena and a 3rd is coming and soon he will lose his girl. Not everyone needs to be a singles star. Not everyone needs to run face. Sometimes if you having a pairing or trio that just WORKS...break them up when they lose steam. There is STILL a lot WWE can do with Lana/Rusev before dissension is teased.

Naomi's light up shoes are cool and fuck the haters. The WWE/Divas have a strong tendency of ensuring all Divas look alike. Good for her for standing out and adding something different to a standard Diva outfit. The shoes turning color during impact (as one shoe did after Naomi kicked Brie square in the mouth) makes for a nice visual.

The tag match was really good and was the best match of the night in my book.