DVDVR Message Board

Extreme Rules VII

Dolfan in NYC

Seth uses a banned move to win.

Face Nikki uses outside interference to win.

Cena using the AA where they clearly established any offensive move resets the lights. 

Welcome to the WWE where logic and rules need not apply!

Shockingly, the Kickoff was a bunch of words. Wyatt said some new words. BNB-Neville was fun and greatly helped by the crowd being hot for Neville. Nothing match though. Ditto Dean-Harper, and the kiss me arse match was okay. Everything with the post-match that didn't involve the #Sheanus sign was stupid. New Day vs. CK was tons of fun. They have perfect chemistry together with Xavier as the cheerleader and E/Kofi being the classic tank/Porsche combo. Loved the black fan in the crowd with his son just astonished at New Day, who used THE POWER OF POSITIVITY to win.

Harper-Dean pt 2 was a thing. Cena-Rusev was hurt by the lights, match layout, and commentary. Lana breakup tease is awful. Naomi has now stolen Sasha's whole act, and lost thanks to the Bellas cheating to win with a 2-on-1 advantage. Yes, they're still faces via a phantom turn. Show vs. Roman was a laborious video game match. LOL @ that stupid finish. They went from one stupid, but visually impressive one to...that.

Ryback beat up Bo for no real reason. Bray didn't even save his brother for an in-joke to start the Bray-Ryback feud. KOTR is returning on Tuesday with a #tourneyouttanowhere. Payback's only three weeks away - why not use that for the KOTR finals and make that seem at least important on paper instead of doing a one night tourney out of nowhere? Main event went on forever before RKO-related bullshit and tons of interference happened. WAHOO - RAW IS SEMANTICS tomorrow.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/04/wwe-extreme-rules-2015.html

Screens -

c5cfd6406102561.jpg

e5f263406107629.jpg

4506dd406108144.jpg

339bbd406108504.jpg

Terra Ryzing

eba61e406110139.jpg

"Closer...closer!"

da66e3406110131.jpg

d773a0406110371.jpg

115b7e406110721.jpg

http://http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/l0y9mb60eo6njdzwc0ef4s7vhixgmyc7

• Like 1

Not looking good for Rusev. Two straight PPV losses and now an "I Quit" Match against Cena.  Looking like another loss and a split from Lana. Reminds me of what happened to Bray last year. He came out of the Cena feud looking like shit and then they took Harper and Rowan from him. 

They never learn.

• Like 3

Show wasn't bad except for the semantics finish of the main.

Roman has now had 3 high end PPV matches in a row, and the last being a watchable Last Man Standing with Big Show to boot.  Can we stop pretending he isn't good?

• Like 1

New Day-Brass Ring Club was great, glad that ended up on the main show. Reigns-Show was fun.

I knew the two stipulations in the main event wouldn't matter but still, didn't like that match or angle. The Kane stuff just needs to end.

Rusev is doomed.

Ambrose won a PPV match finally!

Why didn't Bray attack Ryback as a little in joke? Instead, nothing.

Show wasn't bad except for the semantics finish of the main.

Roman has now had 3 high end PPV matches in a row, and the last being a watchable Last Man Standing with Big Show to boot.  Can we stop pretending he isn't good?

Reigns has been good but I thought Show was great in this match and Show also has an awesome LMS match against Del Rio a couple years back.  I still don't think either he or Kane should be given such prominent roles in 2015.

• Like 1

Show was doing Flair spots at one point. Arn Anderson has always sworn up and down there was a version of the Big Show he wouldn't let exist. Tonight he took off the governor.

Also, i don't think anyone would have picked New Day for having the best match of the night, but they did.

Everything else was watchable. But no real surprises. I look forward to Rollins insisting he used a Diamond Cutter.

Tag title match stole the show. Fuck a bunch of cage and chain matches without blood. I thought the LMS went a little over board with Reigns surviving a KO punch and a fucking choke slam over the top through two tables. There was no reason Show should've got up after that running spear through the table on the outside. Cage match started weak then got pretty good then came the Authority fuckery I couldn't care less about. Fun opener from Barrett and Neville. The chain stip took far more away from Rusev/Cena than it added.

I was under the impression that the RKO was only banned for use by Orton himself against people actually in the match, so him using it on Kane and getting it from Rollins doesn't bother me.  What does bother me is the inevitable lengthy promos on tomorrow night's Raw which set up Kane parting ways with the Authority and getting a world title shot.

At least the tag titles match was good.

And now they've REALLY booked themselves in a corner with Payback. Either Cena's gimmick is buried or Rusev is buried by one of them quitting. Unless Lana throws the towel and that be the impetus for a split. That might be the only out.

The chain match was pretty bad.  It didn't work on any level.

The worst part is the crowd was red hot at the start, but had pretty much died down mid match. You just don't see that from Cena very often.

And now they've REALLY booked themselves in a corner with Payback. Either Cena's gimmick is buried or Rusev is buried by one of them quitting. Unless Lana throws the towel and that be the impetus for a split. That might be the only out.

Someone at PWO called it pretty well. The ol' Melina special.