DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: JACQUES ROUGEAU (The Mountie)

RIPPA

I am shocked - SHOCKED - Luger wasn't on the WBF team

Anyway... I am amused that when you search Jacques Rougeau on Youtube all the first vidoes are things like "Rougeau fight with Dynamite Kid. Rougeau altercation with Scott Steiner. Rougeau about Benoit."

HA!

That is the first time I have ever watched the footage of that infamous match with Hogan

I love how fucking pissed the guys recording the match are that Hogan lost

Rippa I think you must have ESP because I spent a good portion (15 mins) of the morning googling Carl Ouellet and Jacques Rougeau. I have been doing an Attitude Era rewatch, and was surprised to see The Quebecers in the WWF in 1998, I thought that Jacques had retired again by that point.

He was so good at being a pure douchebag (and seemed to revel in it) I could never really hate him as much as I knew I was supposed to. [Except that water spot with Bret; go against Bret and I hated you forever in those days]

Certainly doesn't hurt that he's among my earliest favorites in terms of stooging (the Sid match above being a fine example thereof).  He always projects as though he's the coolest and the toughest man in the room, while making sure the audience never agrees (lest they turn him face), and so there's nothing he can do or say that's so outlandish that he does not wholly believe in it.

I have been doing an Attitude Era rewatch, and was surprised to see The Quebecers in the WWF in 1998, I thought that Jacques had retired again by that point.

yeah, this completely escaped my memory too. i remember the Amazing French-Canadians in WCW throughout 1997, but have no recollection of them in the WWF after that. i'm curious as to how long they last, as they're complete jobbers so far.