DVDVR Message Board

2015 Summer Blockbuster Movie Pool

S.K.o.S.

And now it's at 59% with 44 reviews. I have it at #2, so I'm screwed,

I've really shat the bed with this and Mad Max: Fury Road. I blame RIPPA for Tomorrowland as his three posts in a row about it dropped the RT rating ; ).

I am completely on board with blaming RIPPA for the ratings drop.  I was shaking my fist at the sky with each of his Tomorrowland updates. :(

I avoided the SPY movie just as much as I avoided Mad Max.  Left it off.  I couldn't get any feel for it from the trailer.  I think I remember reading a positive review for it from somewhere, but I wasn't convinced.

UPDATE 3 OF 20 - through May 21

Standings

1 [- 1] S.K.o.S. - 0 points (0/0, tiebreak 0.370)

2 [- 2] Rippa - 0 points (0/0, tiebreak 0.435)

3 [- 3] Paco - 0 points (0/0, tiebreak 0.501)

4 [- 4] JRGoldman - 0 points (0/0, tiebreak 0.566)

5 [- 5] The Z - 0 points (0/0, tiebreak 0.566)

6 [ 8] The Veeg - 0 points (0/0, tiebreak n/a)

7 [ 9] Death From Above - 0 points (0/0, tiebreak n/a)

8 [ 10] Skeeball Wizard - 0 points (0/0, tiebreak n/a)

9 [ 11] IVPvideos - 0 points (0/0, tiebreak n/a)

10 [ 14] hobo joe - 0 points (0/0, tiebreak n/a)

11 [ 17] _MJ_ - 0 points (0/0, tiebreak n/a)

12 [ 18] Sublime - 0 points (0/0, tiebreak n/a)

13 [ 6] SorceressKnight - 2 points (0/2, tiebreak 1.61)

14 [ 7] Phantom Lord - 2 points (0/2, tiebreak 3.437)

15 [ 12] Ligerbusa - 2 points (0/2, tiebreak n/a)

16 [ 13] The Natural - 2 points (0/2, tiebreak n/a)

17 [ 16] DreamBroken - 2 points (0/2, tiebreak n/a)

18 [ 19] RossWB - 2 points (0/2, tiebreak n/a)

19 [ 15] Control - 4 points (0/4, tiebreak n/a)

20 [- 20] Hail Sabin - 4 points (0/4, tiebreak n/a)

Box office

1 [- 1] Avengers: Age of Ultron - $383,170,479 (21 days)

2 [NEW] Mad Max: Fury Road - $63,440,279 (7 days)

3 [ 2] Hot Pursuit - $25,445,240 (14 days)

Rotten Tomatoes

1 [NEW] Mad Max: Fury Road - 235/239 = 98% (7 days)

2 [ 1] Avengers: Age of Ultron - 192/258 = 74% (21 days)

3 [ 2] Hot Pursuit - 7/115 = 6% (14 days)

I loved the FURY ROAD trailer, but never imagined critics would love it as much as they did.  D'oh!  

TOMORROWLAND definitely seems to bring Brad Bird's winning streak to a halt.  Double d'oh.  

Those two movies are going to absolutely wreak havoc on my RT list.  Damn.  

12 [ 3] Paco - 2 points (0/2, tiebreak 0.501)

Box office

1 [- 1] Avengers: Age of Ultron - $383,170,479 (21 days)

3 [ 2] Hot Pursuit - $25,445,240 (14 days)

Rotten Tomatoes

2 [ 1] Avengers: Age of Ultron - 192/258 = 74% (21 days)

3 [ 2] Hot Pursuit - 7/115 = 6% (14 days)

Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't I be at zero as well.

12 [ 3] Paco - 2 points (0/2, tiebreak 0.501)

Box office

1 [- 1] Avengers: Age of Ultron - $383,170,479 (21 days)

3 [ 2] Hot Pursuit - $25,445,240 (14 days)

Rotten Tomatoes

2 [ 1] Avengers: Age of Ultron - 192/258 = 74% (21 days)

3 [ 2] Hot Pursuit - 7/115 = 6% (14 days)

Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't I be at zero as well.

Yeah- likewise, I should only have one point right now 

Paco's right.  I had the old version of his RT list, before he edited it, with Aloha still on it and Avengers 2 above Mad Max.  I'll fix that post sometime today. (edit to add: it's fixed now.)

SorceressKnight has an RT list with Avengers 2 above Mad Max.  That's 2 points.  (Like, Avengers 2 is at #1 when it should be at #2, that's 1 point, and Mad Max is at #2 when it should be at #1, that's another 1 point.)

For the first time since ever, SKoS is winning his own pool.

You cannot call shenanigans because BO and RT are weird beyond belief.  You could've flipped a coin on shit and turned in a winning ballot.  Even the summer's sure thing isn't a sure thing thanks to lukewarm reviews.

I am almost glad I did not have time to make a submission and watch my ranking drop faster than a black dress on prom night.

I can't wait for either Ant-Man or Fant4stic to get stellar reviews, be this summer's Guardians of the Galaxy, and destroy all ballots.

For the first time since ever, SKoS is winning his own pool.

You cannot call shenanigans because BO and RT are weird beyond belief.  You could've flipped a coin on shit and turned in a winning ballot.  Even the summer's sure thing isn't a sure thing thanks to lukewarm reviews.

I am almost glad I did not have time to make a submission and watch my ranking drop faster than a black dress on prom night.

I can't wait for either Ant-Man or Fant4stic to get stellar reviews, be this summer's Guardians of the Galaxy, and destroy all ballots.

Aye. Its like I said, this is a WTF Bizarroland 2015 Summer Blockbuster Pool.

It may still turn out to be the best reviewed movie of the summer.  Ballots will burn.

Mine would have if I had been able to submit one.  Spy would've been close to the bottom of my RT list.

It may still turn out to be the best reviewed movie of the summer.  Ballots will burn.

Mine would have if I had been able to submit one.  Spy would've been close to the bottom of my RT list.

Inside Out is also still at 100% with 18 reviews so far. It was screened at Cannes I think.

This one surprises me a bit, too, to be honest. I know Pixar used to be the standard bear as far as quality goes, but I really didn't like the trailer that much and thought the whole concept is so far out. I really thought this could be one of those lesser Pixar movies.

It may still turn out to be the best reviewed movie of the summer. Ballots will burn.

Mine would have if I had been able to submit one. Spy would've been close to the bottom of my RT list.

Inside Out is also still at 100% with 18 reviews so far. It was screened at Cannes I think.

This one surprises me a bit, too, to be honest. I know Pixar used to be the standard bear as far as quality goes, but I really didn't like the trailer that much and thought the whole concept is so far out. I really thought this could be one of those lesser Pixar movies.

Touch wood that's one of the things I got right so far. I just had a feeling it might be a return to form for Pixar.

Spy has gotten a negative review... 100% no more

It's funny that the one negative review drops it below Mad Max... and that negative review is from a guy from Australia.  Conspiracy!!

• Like 2

Yeah, something doesn't smell right about ALOHA.  I could be overacting but I would definitely put it lower on my RT list if I did it now.  Negative vibe.

Also, I don't think anything is going to top Mad Max's 98% RT rating.  Maybe something will tie it (Pixar, Pixar, Pixar, damn it), but I don't think any of our film options are going to get a perfect score this summer.  Of course, I say this as someone who doesn't have Mad Max on my lists.

Edited by _MJ_