DVDVR Message Board

Raw 4-20-15

MGFanJay

From universal acclaim not even a month ago to this.

At no point has this board given WWE programming universal acclaim.

I know everyone loves Ambrose and Harper, but they need to stop pairing them before it's the new Sheamus-Del Rio or Kofi-Dolph Best of 500 that nobody cares about the outcome of. Yes, I know they are "good" matches, but not a single one of them has mattered or helped out either of them.

Also, the technical name for Seth's new finisher is actually "forward falling Girl Bye."

The "Boy Hi"?  I could get behind Ambrose and Harper brawling every week.  It's not bad at all.  And Bo repping Episode 1 as the best Star Wars film.  Genius.  

• Like 2

I suppose we should be grateful that Rollins doesn't use that Standing Shiranui that is almost as business exposing as the Canadian Destroyer.

If you are going to use the Shiranui, use The Brian Kendrick's / Spanky's Sliced Bread #2.  Running up the turnbuckle at least does not give away the fact that the guy taking the move is helping you do the backflip.

Is anyone else not excited about Extreme Rules?  Outside of Harper/Rowan, Sheamus's commentary, and Kane's fiery promo, this was a pretty boring Raw, while the last two free month PPVs have had a few matches that seemed more like teasers for the next month's PPV.

The Ambrose / Harper Chicago Street Fight which could be a masterpiece of violence and bloodletting and the promise of Rusev crushing Cena and regaining the US Title may make me watch this PPV.   Those are the only two matches I am stoked about..

I really don't give a crap about Reigns / Show or Ziggler / Sheamus.  BNB / Bryan will be a wash because Bryan will probably get booked to lose so that he can finally take time off to rehab his neck the right way.

I don't care about the main event because Fuck Randy Orton, Rollins's new shitty shitty finisher, and Kane will most likely end up screwing Seth out of the title anyway.

• Like 2

If Randy Orton, Seth Rollins, HHH, and Kane talking for two hours sounds like a thing you'd be interested in then this was the Raw for you.

I actually dug Kane for a change last night. His babyface fire promo was pretty great and you could hear the Tennessee creeping into his voice.

• Like 1

Is anyone else not excited about Extreme Rules?  Outside of Harper/Rowan, Sheamus's commentary, and Kane's fiery promo, this was a pretty boring Raw, while the last two free month PPVs have had a few matches that seemed more like teasers for the next month's PPV.

Yeah the whole point of this show is moot by now. I don't remember if it was here or on R/SC, but someone said why don't they move Payback to after Wrestlemania if this is supposed to be the revenge show for most of what happened at Mania. I'd rather them dust off Superbrawl or something (yeah I know a WCW PPV coming back0. Extreme Rules is essentially WCW Uncensored. Faux violence with none of the blood.

Ambrose/Harper should be a fun brawl but it serves no purpose other than "hey lets see if we can kill Dean on PPV again".

Just saw Rollins' new finisher. The logic of banning the Curb Stomp, which gives a wrestler more than enough room to protect themselves with their hands, and going to a fucking single-arm layout DDT makes no goddamn sense and that says a lot when it comes to WWE. Maybe they were just squeamish about the name and if that's the case, rename it! The renamed the F-U to the AA. Call the Curb Stomp anything else. Jesus.

And according to Meltzer, the Curb Stomp isn't banned, Rollins is just using this dumb looking DDT as his finisher instead of something that looks far cooler and more athletic. Seth Rollins has some ups. I'm not sure why he, or anyone else, would want to take something out of his arsenal like this.

Something I don't get: If Rollins needed a new finisher, why not just use Avada Kedavra or some variant of it? Has to be better than a midcarder DDT you might expect Sandow or Fandango to use. No offense to those guys intended.

Maybe Vince is afraid the fans will think he's actually trying to kill people with it.

I just love that the want to protect heads and necks - yet still allow multiple guys to do spears

YES! THIS! Unless you're Goldberg (or Big Show, because his spear looks crazy), then you shouldn't be doing the spear.

And according to Meltzer, the Curb Stomp isn't banned, Rollins is just using this dumb looking DDT as his finisher instead of something that looks far cooler and more athletic. Seth Rollins has some ups. I'm not sure why he, or anyone else, would want to take something out of his arsenal like this.

Maybe they are just trying to build up some secondary finishers for him and protect the curb stomp like they protect Orton's punt.

• Like 1

I just love that the want to protect heads and necks - yet still allow multiple guys to do spears

YES! THIS! Unless you're Goldberg (or Big Show, because his spear looks crazy), then you shouldn't be doing the spear.

The thing is, unless I'm SOMEHOW wrong, Big Show does the spear in a much safer and more neck-friendly way than most guys... and it still looks like he could break someone in half with it because HOLY SHIT HE IS ENORMOUS.

I just love that the want to protect heads and necks - yet still allow multiple guys to do spears.

Hey, it may be ECW all over again with a million guys using the DDT but at least guys are risking their own necks (literally) by choice rather than crippling someone else with sloppy execution.

While they relied on The Authority too much last night (oh, the surprise--not!), I did enjoy Kane's promos.  He really gave the feeling of a mid-level executive assigned to train the snot-nosed golden child in Rollins, who thinks he already has all the answers.  Likewise, HHH came off well as the annoyed father figure trying to keep the older brother from throttling the baby of the family while the live-in cousins (J&J) watch it unfold.

The show was actually pretty funny with Dallas/Reigns, Prime Time Players scaring the shit out of Rollins, Booker laughing at his own crazy jokes, THAT FRUIT HAS A FAMILY! It was pretty entertaining.  The only really bad segment was---the Divas segment.  Imagine that. <_<

Reigns is gonna need the neck surgery someday after he does one of his human missile spears on a guy like Show or Henry.  Edge jammed his neck doing one on Brodus Clay I think a week or so before his final match at Wrestlemania and that just really sped up the clock on his neck.

The first bumps you learn at wrestling school are a front and back bump, anyone can take Seth's stomp effortlessly and safely (unless you're an idiot like RVD and want to head plant yourself). Bizarre, Seth won the title with it and was buyable as a death move that could finish the likes of Lesnar or Cena. It became an important part of Seth's make up. Finn Balor is screwed once he moves up.

This show sucked

• Like 1

I think the Curb Stomp is pretty stupid as a finisher, honestly.  It should be treated somewhat like Orton's punt and should be a cheat and a DQ.  The fucking Superman Punch, also known as "crow hopping some dude in the fucking face," should likewise get outta here. 

• Like 1