DVDVR Message Board

DC TV THREAD

RIPPA

Loved tonight's episode especially when Ra's revealed his plans for Nyssa. What are you referring to as far as the seeding for next season and the casting call name?

When Oliver and Rahs were talking about Rahs' past, Rahs mentioned

Damien Darhk and H.I.V.E.

Ah I thought that might be it. Other than the character mentioned its not the first time they started sowing the seeds. They mentioned something about it earlier in the Suicide Squad episode. I am curious about what is wrong with that particular character. I don't really know anything about them so I don't understand the disappointment.

I wish they would just concentrate on writing new & interesting Arrow stories instead of rehashing old Batman ones. Anyone who's read Batman comics knows that Arrow's writers are just subbing Ollie for Bruce & Nyssa for Talia. Should we expect Damien Queen to show up next season?

Ah I thought that might be it. Other than the character mentioned its not the first time they started sowing the seeds. They mentioned something about it earlier in the Suicide Squad episode. I am curious about what is wrong with that particular character. I don't really know anything about them so I don't understand the disappointment.

According to the casting call he's the lead villain for Season Four. Aside from him and HIVE not having the name power of Merlyn, Deathstroke, and Ra's it sounds like the show has turned them into a budget League which could make it retread a lot as well. Just sucked a lot of my enthusiasm for what's ahead.

I wish they would just concentrate on writing new & interesting Arrow stories instead of rehashing old Batman ones. Anyone who's read Batman comics knows that Arrow's writers are just subbing Ollie for Bruce & Nyssa for Talia. Should we expect Damien Queen to show up next season?

As much as the show rips from Batman this story really isn't like Bruce & Talia. Bruce has never fully given in to Ra's, Talia is straight, and the two are actually in love with each other. Ollie & Nyssa don't like each other at all. Did you not see wonderful look of disgust and oh hell no on Nyssa's face when Ra's made his announcement.

Well, the set up explains the whole Virus thing in the flashbacks at least.

And Full Getup Katana next week, awesome.

I think I let out an audible holy shit when I saw that i n the preview. Its weird too considering I'm not really fond of that outfit at all.

According to the casting call he's the lead villain for Season Four. Aside from him and HIVE not having the name power of Merlyn, Deathstroke, and Ra's it sounds like the show has turned them into a budget League which could make it retread a lot as well. Just sucked a lot of my enthusiasm for what's ahead.

I can definitely understand that. Hopefully it will be more different than we realize.

Well, he does have a kid with that girl Moira paid off, right?

Well, he does have a kid with that girl Moira paid off, right?

Well, that didn't bother me as so much as that was sort of like Connor Hawke. And does anyone have any doubts Thea goes full on Speedy now?

As much as the show rips from Batman this story really isn't like Bruce & Talia. Bruce has never fully given in to Ra's, Talia is straight, and the two are actually in love with each other. Ollie & Nyssa don't like each other at all. Did you not see wonderful look of disgust and oh hell no on Nyssa's face when Ra's made his announcement.

Well, the set up explains the whole Virus thing in the flashbacks at least.

And Full Getup Katana next week, awesome.

I think I let out an audible holy shit when I saw that i n the preview. Its weird too considering I'm not really fond of that outfit at all.

I can definitely understand that. Hopefully it will be more different than we realize.

I get what you're saying, but at the same time, Ra's endgame is the same. Force the hero he respects to marry his daughter and eventually take over the League of Assassins and provide future generations to run it as well. 

However we all know in the end Ollie shakes this shit pretty quickly because he shows up on the Flash along with Ray and Firestorm to help fight the Reverse Flash before season's end.

Holy fuck, that latest Flash was awesome. I'm loving how they're telling the story that Reverse Flash is basically a long time Flash bad guy who got stuck in the past. Watching the show from his perspective, it's like there's already a huge Flash mythos and we're watching him trapped in "Flash: Year One".

• Like 1

I'm curious on how the timeline for that works, actually. He has to come back as Thawne a few times to face Barry before this happens, right? Earlier in his own timeline but later in Barry's. 

The alternative would be that Barry goes into the future during the Crisis and faces him after that.

Either way, it could feel either confusing or anti-climactic. 

I'm curious on how the timeline for that works, actually. He has to come back as Thawne a few times to face Barry before this happens, right? Earlier in his own timeline but later in Barry's.

The alternative would be that Barry goes into the future during the Crisis and faces him after that.

Or he was able to go back and forth, but got stuck.

Or he was able to go back and forth, but got stuck.

The flashback detailing how Thawne ended up in Wells' body gave me the impression he expected to be able to return to his time.  He seemed surprised when his speed faded, and asks his computer at one point how he gets back without his speed.  My guess is that he's pushing along Barry's development so that Barry develops his powers to the point that he van travel through time, at which point he'll try to use (steal) Barry's powers to return to his time.

If they're using the Geoff Johns explanation (which I hate) then the Speed Force originates with Barry. If he was in a pre-Flash time with future Flash gone, there's no Speed Force to run on and thus only his reserves.

I hope that's not it though because I HATE that Speed Force explanation and also I want Max Mercury.

Here's what I'm not getting.  The couple of times they have squared off, it's been established that Barry is not as fast as Thawne.  If Barry is fast enough to jump time, why can't he?

Fanwank answer: Thawne's is faster, but since he leeches off ambient speed force energy and stores it, he probably needs more of it than he can store to be able to run fast enough for long enough to time travel safely. Basically, his battery isn't big enough.