DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

I'll be interested to see how they handle this.  Hire another "real" director and bump the release date back, or do what Marvel did with ANT-MAN and hire a generic studio guy to push it out the door on schedule.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Gotham City Sirens it an interesting decision.

Not really surprising.  So far the most popular characters in the current DCU are female (Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn), so why not do a movie with predominantly female characters?

Producers find patterns, devise a formula, and ride the train until it is broken.  Logan will most likely get an R rating because Deadpool's success.

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

That isn't too surprising as the news from when Robbie was first pushing for it hinted towards that. I wish it wasn't Ayer directing, but I'm somewhat interested. I would prefer no Deadshot movie.

I love Big Will like family, but I can't think his ego will sleep on a Deadshot movie if he things it will put him up there in superhero rarified air with RDJ and the MCU heavy hitters.  He's also been in a couple of Oscar bait movies lately, so he will need a popcorn blockbuster to get in a good payday.

On December 13, 2016 at 11:27 PM, Eivion said:

That isn't too surprising as the news from when Robbie was first pushing for it hinted towards that. I wish it wasn't Ayer directing, but I'm somewhat interested. I would prefer no Deadshot movie.

Yeah but you had to know they would stick Will Smith in as many movies as they could. I wouldn't be surprised if he appears in GCS or the solo Batman movie. 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2016 at 6:42 AM, J.T. said:

I love Big Will like family, but I can't think his ego will sleep on a Deadshot movie if he things it will put him up there in superhero rarified air with RDJ and the MCU heavy hitters.  He's also been in a couple of Oscar bait movies lately, so he will need a popcorn blockbuster to get in a good payday.

Collateral Beauty? Oscar bait?

Tell that to Zod's snapped neck. 

There's a long tradition in Hollywood of big names going out of their way to win an Oscar, and then not getting one. It's quite funny on one level, here's these multi-millionaires who own everything they look at, they can have absolutely anything in the world, anything imaginable that they want... but they can't have an Oscar. And here is a completely unrelated picture for no reason.

3925-26267.gif