DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

On 9/9/2016 at 5:59 PM, EVA said:

The Court has its own assassins, the Talons.

Beware the Court of Owls

That watches all the time

Ruling Gotham from a shadowed perch

Behind granite and lime

They watch you at your hearth

They watch you in your bed

Speak not a whispered word about them

Or they'll send The Talon for your head

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 3:10 PM, odessasteps said:

Funny there are now people complaining they are not using "a batman villain."

This new DCU has already gotten itself into shitloads of trouble trying to live up to the expectations of fans by walking on the hallowed ground of classic villains like Lex Luthor and The Joker.

I think the best course of action is to set a new course and make use of new villainy like the Court of Owls. 

On 9/9/2016 at 10:09 AM, The Natural said:

Christopher Nolan nailed them and all the villains in his Dark Knight trilogy. I know Bane's the divisive one.

My biggest problem with the DK trilogy is Christian Bale. Captain Growly just got too distracting.

• Like 1

On 14 September 2016 at 9:09 PM, Ace said:

My biggest problem with the DK trilogy is Christian Bale. Captain Growly just got too distracting.

I can understand why. Bale's Batman voice was best in Batman Begins particularly when talking to Sergeant then Lieutenant Gordon and Rachel Dawes in the Batcave.

On 18 September 2016 at 1:23 AM, Casey said:

Gz3Prt8.jpg

JK Simmons as Jim Gordon. Even in the bigger sized picture, you can hardly see much.

Cheers.

j.k.-simmons-ripped-1.jpg

Jim Gordon Crush~!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Ligerbusa said:

Why do you hate Mad Max?

They can redeem the Mad Max franchise if the next film opens with Furiosa opening a garage door to reveal the Pursuit Special fully rebuilt.

Furiosa: I've had the Black Thumbs working on her night and day.  She's fully rebuilt to factory specs and about 20 kilometers per hour faster.  New tires, new transmission, new drivetrain.  

Max: And my weapon?

[Furiosa tosses Max a sawed-off double barrel shotgun and 10 boxes of ammo.]

Furiosa: We've heard rumors of a settlement about 10 days drive in that direction.  Supposedly they have food and gas, beyond that, I don't know.

Max: I'll manage.

[We then get two and a half hours of car chase insanity involving the Pursuit Special.  Max is the main character, a cameo from Furiosa...and most importantly NO NUX.  Just Max kicking ass]

3 hours ago, Jerome Miller said:

AT&T is going to buy Warner Brothers.  

First order of business is to permanently bring back the "3-Bar" Warner Communications logo from the seventies.

You jest, but that would be a WONDERFUL logo for AT&Time-Warner