DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

Too little too late.

In what way?  Justice League was a fail but that isn't going to stop WB from making CBMs.  These are loosely connected to the old universe,  they aren't trying to build towards a team up and it sounds like they aren't bringing back Affleck for anything...   that old universe is pretty much done.  

There's money to be made with these characters especially Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn.  They aren't going to stop because of one commercial failure. 

• Like 1

Shazam, at least, looks like they are actually leaning into the direction of Justice League. Which, I mean, Shazam should be light hearted. But it really doesn't look like it's running away from JL. Shit, there's a newspaper article in the trailer that actually has real words about what happened in Justice League.

It's also Teen Titans Go. We watch it with my daughter and always find ourselves laughing at how silly it is. It's very well written. All the movie has to do is be 90 minutes of that. 

• Like 2

On 7/26/2018 at 12:52 PM, TheVileOne said:

Yeah after 33 reviews. Let's see where it is after 100 to 200.

On 7/26/2018 at 3:23 PM, The Unholy Dragon said:

It's a pretty low key release in a general sense. I'll be surprised if it gets 100 reviews and outright baffled if it gets 200.

67 reviews and 90% in case anyone was wondering how this turned out.

• Like 2

Looks like Birds of Prey is moving forward.  Margot Robbie will reprise her role as Harley Quinn and she will have some friends with her like Black Canary.  Also,  the rumored villain for right now is 

Black Mask

Which I'd be pretty happy with.    Let's hope the script is better than Ayer's.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic