DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

Well the latter isn't surprising, all things considered. 

Watching JL now, and it could have been a lot worse. At least the casting decisions largely worked. Vic and Barry steal what show there is to steal. 

The really pressing question I have, though, is how did Amy Adams feel about having to kiss Henry Cavill's weirdo lips? "Do you bleed?" "When you kiss me with your teeth, I do, so stop--sto---mmfffgg!" So icky. 

On 7/5/2018 at 7:54 PM, RolandTHTG said:

Still can't believe how teflon Gal Gadot has been over the rape allegations and also some of the incredibly gross things she constantly promotes on Twitter re: middle eastern politics.

I seem to recall the rape allegations were especially dodgy in terms of details and delivery which is probably a factor but admittedly most of what I remember is that the credibility was challenged more than most such allegations.

EDIT: Unless you mean the victim blaming stuff in which case...tough call why it got a pass, though feminist sites are giving her more side eye for it (and other stuff)

The Middle Eastern politics wick off because broadly most Western folks don't give a shit about the Middle East. Pro-Isreal sentiments tend to rank highly too. I remember in the last Canadian election, Isreal had support from every major party leader. So it's not super shocking that opinions on stuff most people don't want to care about don't really hurt her standing.

Yeah - don't really care what her political bend is either way, don't really have a horse in that one at all, or know enough about it, but using that platform to call for death to Palestinians in the context of being an ex-IDF seems a little....off?

Any other celebrity being so pro-military in Hollywood seems to be routinely shit on for it.

Yeah, finally got to watching Justice League.  It wasn't near as bad as it was made out to be, actually wasn't bad, but I'm in the minority that didn't hate BvS.  Honestly wouldn't have noticed Cavill's lip thing if it wasn't pointed out.  Actually dug samples of the Elfman Batman and Williams Superman scores sneaking in.  

EDIT: The Elfman score being there makes a ton of sense since I noticed in the credits that Elfman produced the score for JL.

• Like 1

Yeah she does catch shit for it...but mostly on activist sites and sections of Twitter/Tumblr. Mainstream media is pretty actively ignoring the Palestine situation on the whole (again, Isreal has a LOT of institutional support) so it makes sense that the criticisms don't reach the mainstream.

On 7/9/2018 at 8:35 AM, The Unholy Dragon said:

Yeah she does catch shit for it...but mostly on activist sites and sections of Twitter/Tumblr. Mainstream media is pretty actively ignoring the Palestine situation on the whole (again, Isreal has a LOT of institutional support) so it makes sense that the criticisms don't reach the mainstream.

No one gives a shit about Lexi Alexander's political views compared to Gal Gadot playing an amazing female superhero. 

Also, she's Jewish and Israeli. Is anyone surprised that she's pro-Israel?  

Holy shit.  i had no idea the Aquaman was real until about sixty seconds ago.  I thought it was just one of those bad ideas Warner tossed around and thought better of.  Now I have to google and see if the Flash movie is actually happening.

On 7/19/2018 at 10:53 AM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The Joaquin Phoenix Joker movie is actually happening. Set to be released October 4 of next year.

I don't know what to think,

If we need to cycle through tawdry white method actors playing grimdark takes on the Joker, can we just skip to actual cannibal Joker played by Shia LaBeouf?