DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

No more team ups for a while.  You do the Harley Quinn movie,  Wonder Woman 2,  maybe a Man of Steel 2,  Matt Reeves Batman but probably recast Bruce. A character can appear in another's movie here and there but keep them separated until you have an idea that works for a team up.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MonteCarl said:

Did not know that King Ezekiel on Walking Dead was also the voice of Cyborg. Neat.

He was on the "Twisted Toonz" panel at this year's Emerald City Comic Con and was absolutely hilarious

*edited to add* seriously, at least watch this enough to see him do Rafiki from the Lion King. His Bill Cosby is outstanding too. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

Did not know that King Ezekiel on Walking Dead was also the voice of Cyborg. Neat.

First thing I thought when I heard his voice in Walking Dead was Cyborg.

That is an impressively bad decision. Like, Joker is a bit overplayed in general, Leto's Joker was the worst Joker ever, and DC should be trying new things to find something that works. Instead they are bringing things back that people know doesn't work. That.... Is not how to handle this at all.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2018 at 6:35 AM, The Natural said:

It's like Warner Bros saw Ragnarok's and IW's Box office and went "Oh, people want a villian redemption and/or villian as protaganist movie, OK!" completly missing what made those work.

• Like 1

It didn't work for ME...  but it did work,  kinda.  I can see why they are doing it.  Suicide Squad made a ton of money and fans seemed to eat it up.  I thought it was trash but when a film does beyond expectations at the box office they will give it another look.  

I'm still not convinced any of these Joker movies are every getting made. But then again, I also thought the Venom movie was a stupid idea that nobody would follow through on.

If Leto is going to be kept on to do anything as the Joker, I expect it'll only be because Margot Robbie is a big deal and one of those five Harley movies are definitely going to get made. 

On 6/11/2018 at 2:32 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Geoff Johns is out as president and chief creative officer of DC Entertainment.

House cleaning time? 

He is still working as a writer for comics and movies.

23 minutes ago, Eivion said:

He is still working as a writer for comics and movies.

At least for now. The rumors have literally been exact opposites, between "he stepped down because he wants to write more" and "he was actually fired, this is Hollywood speak, they announced some stuff but as soon as it wraps he'll be out the door."

Now, I'm fairly certain DC Comics would want to keep him on board (and writing several books a month if he can) but if WB is cutting ties, who knows what happens once his actual contract is up and so forth.

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

At least for now. The rumors have literally been exact opposites, between "he stepped down because he wants to write more" and "he was actually fired, this is Hollywood speak, they announced some stuff but as soon as it wraps he'll be out the door."

Now, I'm fairly certain DC Comics would want to keep him on board (and writing several books a month if he can) but if WB is cutting ties, who knows what happens once his actual contract is up and so forth.

I think at worst its a little bit of column A and column B. Its never been a secret he preferred writing, and they could easily be putting part of the current films's failures on him. On the other hand Rebirth was his baby and did a lot to help the comics side while Wonder Woman had to be seen as partly his success along with the tv shows which has a decent bit of input in.