DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

On Tuesday, September 05, 2017 at 10:53 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Avengers was good.   Age of Ultron was horrible.  If this is anything like Age of Ultron I'll deem it "unwatchable" too. 

Love Avengers Assemble. With you on your criticisms about Avengers: Age of Ultron. Captain America: Civil War was a better Avengers sequel than the one we got.

19 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

So the 2 rumored front runners to play Shazam (the adult version at least) are supposedly either Joshua Sasse (the guy from ABC's "Galavant") or John Cena. 

If John Cena gets the role of Shazam / Captain Marvel I will shit given that The Rock is already locked down to be Black Adam.

The inevitable pre-Shazam angle on Monday Night Raw will be priceless.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since Johns took over it's all about the heroes.  It looks really good.  I think the ending with the red skies and Darkseid references looks decent but it'll probably be a lot like Avengers with the different team up moves and the CGI army.  

I'm more interested in everything leading up to that.  The journey looks interesting,  it looks like they spent a lot of time on developing the characters and I love how they are using Superman so far.  

• 2 weeks later...

Holy fuck.  Gareth Evans (The Raid, The Raid 2) is in talks to direct a Deathstroke movie. 

Smart call.  If you want a violent action masterpiece, put that man in the director's chair.

This will be the DC movie not named Wonder Woman that I'd actually see on release night, especially if the studio has the balls to let Gareth do his thing and the movie ends up being rated a hard R.