DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Maybe he should shut the hell up and finally get Avatar 2 off the ground.  Or better yet scrap Avatar and make a Terminator film. 

He's not making Avatar 2. He's making Avatar 2, 3, and 4.

Am I the only one who would find it hilarious if number 2 bombed completely?

I find it hilarious that there is going to be an 11 year wait between 1 and 2 (if it actually hits its date) but a one year gap between 2 and 3. They didn't strike while the iron was even lukewarm

For anyone who thought digital release would end the theatrical run, think again. Wonder Woman just passed Civil War domestic and is expected to pass Iron Man 3 tomorrow. This will make it the fifth highest grossing domestic superhero film behind the Avengers movies and the last two Nolan Batman films.

Worldwide is another story but this just keeps being ridiculously impressive. It's been out on digital for like a week and is still pulling nearly a half million a day theatrically.

• Like 3

Allegedly, the version they screened before the reshoots/rewrites was deemed "unwatchable" by the executives.

On the other hand, these are the executives that were reportedly blindsided by both the critical drubbing BvS took and the critical and commercial success of Wonder Woman, so who the fuck knows?

I know that personally I'll take all four movies Whedon has directed over anything Snyder has made (altogether I actually like most of his pre-DCEU work) but that's definitely a statement to take with a grain of salt.

I prefer AoU to Avengers tbh. The team feels more like superheroes and less like a paramilitary force. Also as cool as the teamwork fireworks show is in Avengers, there's zero drama that anyone is gonna bite it from a guy who Thor beat alone and some grunts so the suspense isn't there. At least the Ultron drones are an extension of him and the race the clock angle is in play.

But honestly this has more to do with me having soured on Avengers hard than loving AoU.

Been reading the Justice League Mortal script and I've got three big takeaways:

1) It would have been a blast. Kind of a mess, but a blast.

2) The Flash would have stolen the film.

3) The people who were pissed at Batman's indirect murder in BVS would have HATED Wonder Woman sparing Max only for Batman to snap his neck cold. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, (BP) said:

I listened to an interview with Adam Brody about Justice League Mortal years after the production fell apart and he was still disappointed that he didn't get to play Barry. He seemed to really love the screenplay. 

It is *the* best role in the script and gets the heroic sacrifice. Which is to say we would have had Wally Flash at the end and in a sequel.

• Like 1