DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'm torn. I totally want a Batman Beyond movie. I just also was hoping we could maybe Keaton to play old Bruce.

Michael Keaton and Clint Eastwood my choices. Be cool to see Batman of the Future as it's called in the UK on the big screen. Keaton returning to the Batman would be grand.

• 2 weeks later...

Warner Bros is working on an origin story script for..... The Joker. 

Seriously. 

Todd Phillips (The Hangover) is directing it, co-writing it and co-producing it with Martin Scorcese. 

X_35Ug.gif

• Like 1

He's referred to as Jack Napier a couple of times in BTAS and in a comic here or there. I think they have to cut a check to Nicholson anytime they use the name, which is why it's probably seldom used. 

I'm getting an uneasy Hannibal Rising vibe from this. 

6 minutes ago, (BP) said:

He's referred to as Jack Napier a couple of times in BTAS and in a comic here or there. I think they have to cut a check to Nicholson anytime they use the name, which is why it's probably seldom used. 

I'm getting an uneasy Hannibal Rising vibe from this. 

My bad. I was going off something Murphy himself tweeted the other day. Maybe I can track it down.

• Like 1

Now Matt Reeves is saying his Batman movie is stand alone, Hollywood Reporter said it won't star Affleck but later removed it. Affleck himself talked about working with Reeves at Comic Con.

And the Crazy, Stupid Love  writers are writing a Harley/Joker movie that may or may not be the Gotham City Sirens movie that is already in the works.

I'm confused.

But I'm seeing The Dark Knight in a movie theater tomorrow so that's cool.

The Harley/Joker film is apparently its own thing. Which...I think they're approaching 20 movies in development with spinoffs galore and yet they've already had to pull one off the schedule. It's increasingly hitting Guillermo Del Toro "I'll believe it when it's shooting" level.

The Batman is apparently standalone in the sense that it won't be expected to set up or play off DCCU stuff but will be set in it (unless something changes.)

Yeah, that really seem to be just throwing out ideas to see which ones register with the public, I think.

Like, they really don't know where to take the DC megafranchise, but they know they need to take it somewhere.

Well the word is that they want to continue the DCEU but also do movies that are separate so the writers/directors don't need to concern themselves with everything else and it's supposed to give audiences alternative timelines/stories/origins like how we see in the actual comics. 

I think it's a good idea but I don't see most of these really getting off the ground.