DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

I was literally about to say "I don't know anyone who really even liked Flashpoint all that much" and then someone here did.

The animated film was better than the comic, but it wouldn't make my top ten of the Warner Premiere DC animated movies.

Kid Flash: Lost was fucking great though.

• Like 4

I'm not a comic reader but I really enjoyed the Flashpoint animated film, but I've enjoyed the DC animated movies more often than not.  I don't know how they manage to do such a good job on those and such a mediocre job on all the live action movies.  The Flashpoint season of The Flash has really been a step down.  I remember back in college all the guys I was buddies with on my floor were big comic fans and two of them were really adamant about how alternate universe plotlines always ended in crap, and I'm starting to see their point.

Apart from Wonder Woman and seeing Alfred again, the Justice League trailer didn't do much for me.

DC really love Flashpoint. The original comic book impacted the books across the line. We've had an animated version, in the TV series and now big screen.

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I was literally about to say "I don't know anyone who really even liked Flashpoint all that much" and then someone here did.

I like Flashpoint quite a bit.  The main book, anyway.  Didn't read the tie-ins.  

I never got the memo that comic readers think Johns is terrible now, so....

Affleck denied the rumors during the JL panel and sounded really enthusiastic about being Batman, his relationship with WB, and working with Matt Reeves in particular. I guess we'll see after Justice League premieres. 

Its weird to do Flashpoint first, but between MoS and BvS they've already revealed Clark's identity to Lois (immediately), brought in elements of Dark Knight Returns, set up Injustice,  and done Death of Superman. They're playing the hits. 

4 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I like Flashpoint quite a bit.  The main book, anyway.  Didn't read the tie-ins.  

I never got the memo that comic readers think Johns is terrible now, so....

I don't think he's terrible, but I do think he's been very hit or miss the last decade+. Flashpoint was not a high point.

(I do think he was better when he had a less power and thus had more restrictions on him, but that's true of basically anyone ever.)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (BP) said:

Affleck denied the rumors during the JL panel and sounded really enthusiastic about being Batman, his relationship with WB, and working with Matt Reeves in particular.

Sure, but "It's shitty shit and I want out" doesn't look great coming from a guy who probably still wants to be able to find work in the future. 

Like you said, we'll see. 

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 0:48 PM, The Natural said:

DFWftCrU0AAJ-nL.jpg

Quality difference between Wonder Woman's great posters and those for Justice League.

Reminds me of an Alex Ross painting. 

Regarding the trailer, i really do love the remixed Man of Steel orchestra theme in it. And i guess I'm an optimist because I'm really excited for it. Seems like they're portraying Aquaman as an amped up version of him from The Brave and the Bold cartoon. I'm down with that.

• Like 1

So does the cowl have frown lines built in, or is Affleck scowling so hard his juiced up eyebrow muscles pull the mask to that shape?