DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

Gal Gadot is beyond adorable. She went from modeling, to the Israeli military (required, yes), to a Fast and Furious role with few lines, to becoming a recurring character who would receive a few more lines and was even more notable for her presence on screen where fans of the series (myself included) actually miss her, to now owning the role of Wonder Woman. That's pretty damn cool. I'm really excited for the movie. I'm even more excited that based on the reviews, it looks like something my daughter is going to love.

• Like 3

First the male gaze/sexist pig part: seriously DAMN

Second the comic geek part: I find it funny how they have totally abandoned Arthur's comic look, but Mera they are basically keeping pretty damn faithful.

• Like 2

Wonder Woman is pretty good, but not great.  Gal Gadot does well in the role, but she's also clearly still limited in her range and acting abilities.

I like Chris Pine as Steve Trevor, but he basically seems like he would've been way more suited for Hal Jordan.  He doesn't come off like a man of the 1920s like other characters in the film do.

Most of the action and fighting are good, except for the final act, which is another ugly looking CGI fest.

• Like 1

Agreed with the above sentiments. 

Goes an hour too long. You clip it and it's a perfectly acceptable Capt America First Avenger knockoff. 

Without it, it goes forever, pointlessly, awful villain. Like Supergirl this season, she ends up the love interest in her own movie. 

4/10

• Like 1