DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

You guys will not believe this

The same site that broke the news on the Rogue One reshoots is reporting that Justice League is undergoing "extensive" reshoots.

I, for one, am shocked.

It might be great news. It might be terrible news. What it is not is surprising news.

Warner is obviously going to control this film as tightly as they can, because they desperately need it to be a huge hit both critically and commercially.

I don't think we're ready for a JL movie quite yet.  It should have gone Wonder Woman,  THEN Aquaman, THEN Flash.  Maybe even Green Lantern though I guess he could have just appeared in another film, made a cameo or something.   

Batman didn't need a standalone, BvS was enough for him. 

Dumb people on Twitter (especially some kid named @BungleNoMore) defending Snyder because he's got a producer credit.  Snyder's last 5 movies kinda argue against him having much input into the movie.

Damn..Zack was at CinemaCon in late March (the 29th to be exact). I know that's kinda mandatory for certain folks, but unless it happened the next day, I dunno if I can soldier through that without breaking down in tears onstage. That's when the studio has to step in and send a surrogate.

Jesus. This is terrible and I feel incredibly bad for the family. 

From what I read, Joss had written the scenes they were doing in pick ups/reshoots, and now he's also directing them and supervising the post-production. Clearly he'll need to do his best to ape Snyder's style.

3 hours ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

Zack Snyder has left Justice League. Joss Whedon will replace him on postproduction and reshoots as Snyder takes time to mourn his daughter who committed suicide a few months back.

This is good for the film but the circumstances make it hard to feel good about it.

Are you obtuse or inhuman?  Pick the latter, because no being with an ounce of sympathy would ever allow themselves to think such a thing.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Fucking... really dude?  

I'm not saying I'm happy it happened. This is awful and I'd take 100 all Snyder Justice League movies if it gave him his daughter back. 

I was already excited for the film. Joss' involvement will increase that excitement for it as a product. If the same result happened for any less severe reason I'd be positively jubilent. Right now I just feel heartbroken for Snyder and his family. Sorry if the wording didn't get that across right or with enough tact.

3 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Are you obtuse or inhuman?  Pick the latter, because no being with an ounce of sympathy would ever allow themselves to think such a thing.

Autistic with empathetic disregulation actually. At the time I posted I was basically shellshocked with sympathetic grief plus dissonance over the excitement at the product stuff (which I read first) followed by hammered by the bad news, so I wasn't focused on my wording. Sorry if it read wrong.