DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

Finally watched Suicide Squad.  I thought it was fine.  Like BvS, I'm wondering why the hell people have such hate on's for them (willfully ignoring that I hate every Marvel movie involving Cap since the end of Winter Soldier.)

• Like 2

On 4/25/2017 at 11:28 AM, Raziel403 said:

Finally watched Suicide Squad.  I thought it was fine.  Like BvS, I'm wondering why the hell people have such hate on's for them (willfully ignoring that I hate every Marvel movie involving Cap since the end of Winter Soldier.)

Personally, I thought it was boring as hell. 

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 0:28 PM, Raziel403 said:

Which reminds me that Suicide Squad is now on full rotation on HBO.  You can now watch BvS and Suicide Squad back to back via HBO GO (on demand) and try to resist the urge to ether slash your wrists or drown your misery in ice cream.

I just want it to not be so totally violent that I wouldn't be able to take my daughter. She loves Wonder Woman and is dying to see the movie. She's not going to care if the script is a turd. She'll just want to see Wonder Woman kicking butt.

44 minutes ago, Craig H said:

She's not going to care if the script is a turd. She'll just want to see Wonder Woman kicking butt.

Of course, one way the script could be a turd would be if they fail to have Wonder Woman kick butt.

At Fast and Furious, they showed the Justice League trailer before the Wonder Woman one. Immediately before it, I mean.

It feels really clunky when the Wonder Woman theme kicks in at the end. Like, it's a good theme, but it really doesn't fit in with anything else in the trailer at all. The whole thing is "Hey look everyone, we're in 1914! It's all old fashioned and retro!" and then suddenly extreme Johnny Marr shows up with his reverb pedal.

On 5/3/2017 at 5:12 AM, AxB said:

At Fast and Furious, they showed the Justice League trailer before the Wonder Woman one. Immediately before it, I mean.

I only got the Justice League trailer, no Wonder Woman at F8. 

Not a big fan of a period piece having a modern song with the trailer, but that's my only complaint. I'm still all in on Wonder Woman, it looks really good.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Casey said:

Not a big fan of a period piece having a modern song with the trailer, but that's my only complaint. I'm still all in on Wonder Woman, it looks really good.

Cheers. Once again, please don't suck.