DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

Fair. I forgot that. But the audience rating is mild and response at the time wasn't great. Also it flopped...ish. Did $391 mil worldwide...against a $270 million budget. So what would have been a solid performance at a $100 mil budget was a huge money loss.

The point is that Returns didn't land the way they wanted and killed the franchise in a similar way Batman and Robin did, creating the opening for Snyder to do what he wanted with MoS as long as it was grimdark and navel gazey because that's all they got out of why Nolan's Batman films succeeded.

9 hours ago, WholeFnMachine said:

Nightwing solo film interests me...

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

The DCEU has been so bad I'm not even excited for a Nightwing movie.

That shouldn't be possible.

....but it's the DCEU.

• Like 1

Here's the thing: If Nightwing can keep its director and remember why they hired him? It'll be great I think. There's really no reason the DCEU can't produce popup hits as even if you hated all three films so far, they at least had different flaws.

Man of Steel was too mopey, BvS was too slow, Suicide Squad lacked narrative depth. In hindsight BvS would have been much improved by more of MoS's big action.

I've enjoyed all three a lot with criticisms though, so maybe I'm the wrong judge.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (BP) said:

A DCEU meeting right now:

"Any progress on the Nightwng screenplay?" 

"We've got some real pearls so far. For instance, have you ever noticed that Dick is also a euphemism for a penis?" 

A Marvel meeting right now:

"Any progress on that Inhumans screenplay?"

"We've got some great ideas on how to put in Iron Man into it!"

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 8:42 AM, EVA said:

Part of me wonders if Affleck wants out of Batman just so he doesn't have to deal with Leto's bullshit.

It's a fair question.  Interviews from other Suicide Squad actors alluded to Leto being a pain to deal with. Why not avoid the drama when you have other options.

• Like 1

DCEU is SAVED...  until the next story breaks.   I've stopped following the news. I don't give a shit anymore until maybe a trailer drops, if that.  I've focused my attention on the upcoming Infinity films and meanwhile, if DC gets their shit together, cool.   If not, maybe I'll be around in the next decade when they start over.

• Like 1