DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

Just found out Suicide Squad has a 15 cetificate in the UK. Usually its the same equivalent as the US. I remember the BBFC who set certificates up in the UK saying The Dark Knight was almost a 15 and really pushed the 12A rating.

The Wonder Woman trailer looks fantastic. I'm definitely looking forward to the movie even more now. And I'm glad they're keeping her theme from Dawn of Justice. And looks like we've found a great compromise for her origin. 

• Like 2

Wonder Woman looks really fucking good, and Justice League is like a darker Avengers (+comedy). I'm in for both, even though I care so very little about Cyborg and Aquaman, and Flash looks fuckin' stupid in armor.

Captain America's third act was terrible but otherwise it was good. Wonder Woman feels like Wonder Woman to me. I saw more action from the world war in this trailer than the entirety of WWII in Cap.

Anyone saying anything positive or negative from Justice League..  it's a year and a half before it comes out, I don't think we can arrive at any conclusions.

So now we're not supposed to draw conclusions about a movie based on a trailer? Isn't that the very purpose of a trailer? That most definitely wasn't just a teaser, either. It was more of a full fledged trailer than it was a teaser. Either way, I'll judge the movie from that and subsequent trailers they release until I "see it in theaters", because that's the entire purpose. The only thing negative, I, personally, said about it was that I just don't give any fucks about Cyborg or Aquaman - nothing will ever change that, I think they're lame characters. Everything else looked really good and has me interested (except for the Flash armor and the actor playing him, but I can get past the latter).

Like I said earlier, though... count me all the way in for Wonder Woman.

• Like 1

I like Cyborg a lot but not so much Justice League Cyborg. Teen Titans Cyborg was sort of a charming Thing type of character in a way that worked super charmingly. League Cyborg is dour and bogged down in "Is he MAN or MACHINE?" stories.

But yeah, Wonder Woman looks great, Justice League seems to be aiming for fun which is something that's needed after BvS...it feels like things are moving in a solid direction.

• Like 1

On July 23, 2016 at 2:40 PM, AxB said:

Wonder Woman looks like Captain America, only Cap is a woman. And set during a different war.

None of this is a bad thing. 

And personally I thought Justice League showed a little promise. Not sure I'm too wild about the looks of Flash and Cyborg judging from the little bit we got to see, but I'll give it a chance. 

• Like 2

Justice League costumes:

CoEjVGGVUAIDNSA.jpg

Michael Wilkinson delivers again! I like all the looks particularly Batman and Wonder Woman. Batman’s cowl and neck look leaner, broader shoulders and a darker grey maybe? I believe so and make the Bat symbol harder to see. Wonder Woman is perfect. Check out the smiling Superman! I prefer the Man of Steel/Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League Superman suits free of underwear to the ones in the New 52/DC Rebirth. Shame there’s no Green Lantern.

• Like 1

I can't see Cyborg without thinking about Cyborg in Teen Titans Go. 

Justice League looks pretty uninspired, but I'm hyped for Wonder Woman. Her theme music is so fucking great. Only reason why I rewatched BvS. 

• Like 1