DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

But SS did do reshoots.  And just because the director claimed they weren't for humor, that doesn't mean he was telling the truth.  Keep in mind, this is the same director who, in the beginning, bragged SS was so dark that they had a therapist on set.  That doesn't scream "yuck fest" to me.

Then again, Jared Leto was giving out soiled condoms to cast mates, so maybe it WAS a screaming yuck fest.

The guys on Collider said they know people that worked on SS and that the reshoots were definitely not for humor but I don't even know why these stories are a big deal far as quality goes.  Disney/Ant-Man got rid of Wright and the movie still ended up being really good.

17 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The guys on Collider said they know people that worked on SS and that the reshoots were definitely not for humor but I don't even know why these stories are a big deal far as quality goes.  Disney/Ant-Man got rid of Wright and the movie still ended up being really good.

The Collider people also checked with their sources to claim that fake photos of Snoke for Force Awkens were accurate

Pretty much.  I don't really trust any internet scoops.  Unless they appear on the Free Folk reddit.  Those are pretty accurate.

All the inside scoops and spoiler reports for Civil War turned out to be fake too.

Also I like the Collider guys and frequently watch their videos, I just think they are always way off when they try to get inside scoops and the like.  

• Like 1

Not really. The people I know who have seen it thought it was either "generic action flick with some cool scenes" or really liked it, especially those who are into New 52 or have seen Justice League War or Flashpoint. Not everyone in the world is "grrrr that son of bitch Snyder! He raped everyone I love!"

• Like 1

To be fair, rape would be too vanilla for Snyder. I mean, Rand loved rape. Snyder would have to make it rape while being shot out of a cannon or something. 

Also remember that according to Snyder, he would've had Batman get raped in Batman Begins:

Everyone says that about "Batman Begins." "Batman's dark." I'm like, "Okay, no, Batman's cool." He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn't, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that's how that would go.

Devin Faraci has septupled down on his scoop about the Suicide Squad reshoots, by way.  He says people at WB have been "coming out of the woodwork" to confirm that not only did they reshoot for more humor but that they're also looking to add several classic rock musical cues (a la GotG), and even the ending has been reworked.

He doesn't have to be right or wrong in this climate. He makes up shit all the time and there's people who still take his word for it. That's internet journalism. James Wan tweeted that he's still doing Aquaman and they are still running with the story that Wan isn't going to direct it so...  superhero tabloids.  It's amazing.

The story didn't say Wan was quitting Aquaman.

Provide links to stories that Faraci "made up"?  I can provide a link to Mark Hamill saying his scoop about the original beginning to TFA was completely accurate.

Where would I start?  There are people who actually worked on Suicide Squad that said everything in the latest trailer was filmed many moons ago and you can tell that it was because they were extended shots of footage we had already seen and the trailer dropped maybe a week after the "reshoots" story came out.  The guy said "all of the humor" was in the second trailer.

We can see now that no..  the movie is going for a lot of dark humor and always has.  I realize that this idea that WB is a complete mess is a juicier story so you would like for it to be true but maybe you know they actually let Ayer film his vision?  Does WB have a history of not doing so?  Not really..  if WB did that then we wouldn't have gotten Mad Max Fury Road.