DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

131313.jpg

Despite recent rumors suggesting that the studio may be rethinking their plans for their DC superhero team-up flick, it's now been revealed that Zack Snyder will return to shoot Justice League - Part 1 on April 11 - just a little over 2 weeks after Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice hits theaters.

“The idea that we could begin to boot up a Justice League concept was a cool thing,”Snyder tells EW. “It was a little bit of an ‘about time’ moment, and I don’t blame [the studio] for feeling that way, because it’s a long time coming. But I do feel like it’s a little bit of a creative hurdle. It seems like an easy thing to do at first glance, the idea that, ‘Oh, we just get the rest of the superheroes in there.’ But you have to [establish] a world where they can exist.”

The first Justice League movie will shoot at the Warner Bros. Leavesden studios in southeast England, and also at various locations around London and in Iceland.

Credit: comicbookmovie.com

While it does look extremely cool, will we ever see Bats driving a car and not a tank again? What city could you turn down a side street in that thing? I live in NYC, you could get that down the avenues, but I can't see him turning down a single side street in it. Which make zero sense in an urban crime fighter's vehicle. I could see having something like that being brought out in big time situations, but having THAT as your main mode of transportation to get around every night, kind of ridiculous and not exactly subtle in the slightest.

• Like 2

I really like the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Batmobile, the one thing on it I'm sure about it is how the top splits at the sides. My preferred option is the top sliding forwards/backwards in the Tim Burton Batman movies and Batman: The Animated Series...or how the seats lift up/the windscreen retracts into the roof and reverse it if Batman is getting back into it like the Christopher Nolan Dark Knight trilogy.

I kind of hope they give Roman a Khal Drago entrance at Mania this year and an Aquaman one next year.

Ten years from now when Vince finally hears about GoT, we will get Alexa Bliss as Khaleesi and Roman Reigns as Drogo.

And incest. So much incest. 

• Like 1

I thought the Vince with a hard-on for incest* was Russo, not McMahon? I mean, it might be both, but the aborted Shamrock incest angle was Russo's deal, right? The aborted McMahon incest idea... was Russo gone to Atlanta by then? I'm not actually sure on that one.

* Incest storylines. Not actual incest. Even Russo probably isn't that much of a sleazbag.

Waiting two weeks to spend free Drafthouse tickets, but I'll be there the weekend of 4/9 for sure. (I'm a cheapskate.)  Torn between anticipation and dread.  Also, Atlantis should not be in the Pacific.  That's why it's called the Atlantic, god dammit.

• Like 2

There's been a lot of speculation on the domestic box office. I think it will do very well overseas but here in the states.. I've seen everything from a $100M opening weekend projection to $154M and some have said more than that.  I think $100M would be a big disappointment. If it receives good reviews maybe they could salvage it but still wouldn't be great. It'll be interesting. Batman's popularity is expected to carry it but is it too soon after Nolan and are people wondering how Affleck will be.. lots of questions. 

I still think this was the right way to go. You don't do a Batman origin again. That'd be awful. Wonder Woman will have her origin but she's introduced here. That's fine, that's what comics are about. Introduce a character into something big and do the origins later.