DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

The other thread was over 100 pages and I probably should separate Movies from TV like the Marvel stuff.

Plus the shitty trailer leaked. I am not going to bother linking to that again because the VQ is shit.

When the actual trailer is released and doesn't look like it was shot on an iPhone 3 - it can be posted

• Like 2

I haven't seen the trailer yet but I can already sense where this thread is heading.

Well, at least I can also look forward to RIPPA starting the second version of this thread after this one gets locked.

BTW, in casting news, it looks like Jim Parrack is playing Jonny Frost.

• Like 1

I haven't seen the trailer yet but I can already sense where this thread is heading.

It'll be okay. I'll comment on the official trailer when it comes out but I'm done arguing about these properties. I don't feel like getting banned over it.

I think the admins are going to hold you to that.

Damn. Is that devil in the sky line from Lex?  Looks like they are definitely addressing the civilian/property damage. There's a lot of backlash towards Superman. I have to assume Lex has a hand in rebuilding the city. Batman thinks Superman needs to be stopped.  Yeah, I'm all in on this.  The tone is absolutely what it needs to be. 

Going to be a fun year for comic book films.

The cinematography matches up with Sucker Punch so that's definitely an upgrade over Amir Mokri doing MoS. The teaser was more video game cutscene rather than Nolan. I would believe they filmed this in Pinewood Studios over Chicago and Detroit.

Batfleck looks like a fucking tank even before he puts on the armor.

Seriously, did he eat Tom Hardy?

The shot of Affleck just (apparently) watching the tv is bad-ass.  But, then, I'm the guy that was all in on Affleck the day he was rumored for the role (I maintain he's a significantly better actor than Bale, btw)

I think the light-up Bat eyes look stupid as hell, to be honest.  Also, I'm a dick, but I always root for one thing in Superman/Batman fights:  "Throw the rich boy into the sun already, Supes!"

The opening of the trailer is full of endless cliches and Cavill looking as poor as the first film.  It does look like Affleck is going to do okay as Bats but yeah, I really don't think this is going to be very good. I really disliked Man of Steel so have no reason to believe Snyder is suddenly going to make a good movie.  

"Tell me, do you bleed? You will."

Badass.

It took about 4.5 seconds before the joke about Wonder Woman appeared made its way to Twitter. So many juveniles on social media.

"Tell me, do you bleed? You will."

Badass.

It took about 4.5 seconds before the joke about Wonder Woman appeared made its way to Twitter. So many juveniles on social media.

Agreed. And wow, your post reminded me that Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman is in this movie, too. They've packed a lot of new characters into this movie, I hope it works well.