THE HOLY ORDER (as of 9/08/15):

SKoS
Control
JRGoldman
Randy
Chaos
Me

CrazyMax46

CLICK HERE to go to the start of discussion for the current album!

CLICK HERE to see an ongoing list of albums that have been discussed!

ADMISSIONS ARE ALWAYS OPEN. You'll be added to the back of the queue. Same thing will happen if you miss your week but still have one to suggest. Just say in the thread or a PM that you want to be added to THE HOLY ORDER and it shall be done.

The original post is in here.

Okay, now that I'm back out of hell, let's get this started. Hopefully the momentum ain't gone.

Basically this is going to work like the movie club, but we're going to keep it to one thread to avoid hell of spam in the music board. Nice. Tidy. Club.

I'm going to request that we keep this to modern albums as much as possible, and then we can do classic albums in the December-February Nothingzone. For reference for new albums, coming out, there's Metacritic for pop stuff, and of course there's a wide variety of genre-specific sites that can keep you up on what you're more specifically into. I'm sort of trusting that you have your own. 

SIGN UP TODAY, because I'd like to start as soon as possible. Also, I will go last in the order.

And with the movie club, you don't have to sign up to comment on stuff.

I'm probably gonna close signups tomorrow at midnight, then randomize the order and put me last and get going as soon as the person going first tells me what album, so, think about what you want to suggest.

Also don't feel like fear over suggesting anything. it is probably not weirder/harder to like than what I have in mind.

Just so I can start thinking about what albums I would consider picking, what constitutes modern? Should we try and pick albums we enjoyed from the past year, or can I suggest something from five or ten years ago? Should we consider a theme when selecting? I think it might be interesting to do really general themes and see what people come up with, although maybe we should just get it off the ground first. 

yeah we'll think about themes once we've finished a full cycle successfully. Like I was hoping to use this as a way to keep people current with the year's music as it's going, but given low turn out for the 2014 ballot stuff I think it's totally understandable to use music from then as well. I know I'm going to be suggesting an album from 2015 I think people should know about. 

But like realistically I guess I can't stop you from going back further? I'm not going to kick anyone out for suggesting something weird and underground from 2005. I'm just asking to prioritize newer stuff so people can be up on what's happening this year. I'm not forcing it.