DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA Playoffs: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

Heh, obviously I love my Mavs, but they p much played a perfect game tonight, and it didn't matter.  We are a flawed, injured team.  I don't see Houston getting past a team that actually plays defense at all 5 positions. REALLY hoping they run into Memphis.

• Like 1

Howard and Rose rounding back into something like their 2011 forms in this post-season is pretty great to see.

It's awesome. Rose is probably my favorite player in the league who never played for the Celtics. It's either him or Westbrook. Speaking of that, PAUL FUCKING PIERCE.  I love him so much.

I'm not a fan of Dwight but I'm happy he's healthy. I want to see everyone at full strength.

It's tough to watch the mavs try to hide Dirk on defense. It just doesn't work in the playoffs.

He gave it his all and had a great game, but that is an uphill battle.

I'm coming to grips with that possibly being the last great playoff performance of his career.

I'm actually really upset I missed Bulls/Bucks tonight.  I spent all day at a wedding and literally just got hope, but I've enjoyed the series.  Surprised Nets won, since Atlanta and GSW were the only teams I picked to get the sweep.

Memphis/GSW is poised to be a tremendous series. This first round has had a few good games but otherwise been really lousy. Thankfully, the second round should bring it if not just for the aforementioned series and Cavs/Bulls.

Crazy last few seconds with D Rose bringing us back and then losing it. He had an off night and killed us at the end, but I was convinced he was making that last shot right up until he turned it over.  I don't think I would have said that earlier this season.  

This Bucks team could be fun for a long time.  I would have been OK with J Kidd winning coach of the year.

Heh, obviously I love my Mavs, but they p much played a perfect game tonight, and it didn't matter.  We are a flawed, injured team.  I don't see Houston getting past a team that actually plays defense at all 5 positions. REALLY hoping they run into Memphis.

Me too! As it would mean Memphis beat Golden State in the second round.

Houston has matched up really well against Memphis this year. Anyone but GS in the WCF and I think Houston could legit win it all.

Okay Kelly Olynyk possibly dislocating Kevin Love's shoulder could have big playoff ramifications.

I don't like to make "dirty play" accusations because I'm just watching on tv, but the league definitely needs to look at it.  Big loss for the Cavs.  Wow.

It was dirty in the sense that it was a foul, but not dirty in the MWP elbowing Harden type of way.  He was grabbing Love's arm so Bradley could snag the rebound.

Bogut and Noah do that shit all the time.

You can't go with what his intentions or motivations were in the play though.

Yeah, he probably did not intend to fuck up Love's shoulder the way he did, but he definitely looked as if he intentionally pulled the arm.  That's what you have to go with when reviewing it, imo.

Edited by _MJ_

Damn, they need to end this game. Quick.

JR just knocked Crowder out.

Edit:
Cavs might want to lose this one just to get the suspensions in this series instead of the next.  Ha.

Edited by _MJ_