DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA OFFSEASON

Cole Miner

Got to thinking about that two week stretch in 2012 when Jeremy Lin was the best scorer in the world. Crazy how dominating Lin was during that stretch, then he got shut down by Mario Chalmers,of all people, and hasn't been the same since. His 4th quarter performance against the Lakers in that national TV game had me thinking he was seriously legit.

Chalmers was definitely a key part of it, but it wasn't just him. The whole Heat team was pressing him from the jump.  It felt as if it was the first time a team schemed specifically against his weaknesses and he was not ready for it.

So reports are that Chris Paul and Deandre Jordan's relationship soured over the course of the year, and that they stopped trusting one another. If only there was a clear moment that we could point to as a factor....perhaps from the end of a close game during the regular season....

• Like 1

The sound you just heard was Adam Silver cashing the Lakers' check

At least he didn't make it as obvious as Stern did.  :)

(Although I know nothing about college basketball, so I have no idea how much LA gained by moving up two spots)

Didn't take long for these rumors to start up with the top picks in the draft:

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA  

If Karl-Anthony Towns is determined to get to Lakers, it'll be interesting to see how agreeable his camp will be to meeting with Minnesota.

and this one...

Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress  

Jahlil Okafor reportedly wants to be picked by the LA Lakers. His chances of that happening just got much much higher.

The Lakers can only have one of those dudes, and it's not like they have pieces they could trade the Timberwolves that would be able to get them both guys.

But, LOL Knicks. 

I'm not suggesting they're going after both. Just funny how quickly everyone started the rumor mill about guys prefering LA over Minnesota.

I was pretty happy just knowing the Lakers had kept their pick this year since season was already done with. Would have been happy with the 5th pick.

The Timberwolves had the worst record in the NBA, which almost assuredly means that they'll end up with the 4th overall pick in the draft, because Timberwolves.

But on the contrary, The Timberwolves also have the 2010s' all-important "You traded away your All-Star franchise player to make us a superteam, and the NBA owes you one for this" to guarantee they win the lottery...that also has to be covered.

,,,just saying, is all...

• Like 1

The Timberwolves had the worst record in the NBA, which almost assuredly means that they'll end up with the 4th overall pick in the draft, because Timberwolves.

But on the contrary, The Timberwolves also have the 2010s' all-important "You traded away your All-Star franchise player to make us a superteam, and the NBA owes you one for this" to guarantee they win the lottery...that also has to be covered.

,,,just saying, is all...

Believe me, I'm pretty delighted that the NBA decided the Timberwolves were worthy of winning the lottery this year.

Now for the Towns vs Okafor debate.