DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA OFFSEASON

Cole Miner

Ollie released a statement saying he's not going anywhere this year, so that one's out.  Billy Donovan and Fred Hoiberg are both on the short list, though.

I'm good with the decision.  NBA offenses have evolved by leaps and bounds during his tenure and he hasn't adapted at all and shows no signs of doing so.

• Like 1

It's a tough ask for any coach. The Steve Kerr situation shows that a rookie coach can do it and take a team from good to great.

The problem I see in OKC is that those guys were comfortable with Brooks. You're gonna need to have some serious credibility or people skills to come in and get those guys to alter the way they play.

Man, Popovich was really lucky he won that title in 1999. If not, after the beatings we took from 2000-2002, that would have been enough to get him canned, and the Spurs don't go on to win 4 more championships and he never becomes one of the "greatest coaches of all time" and a Hall of Famer. If the Thunder win that Finals against the Heat, they probably resign Harden to defend the championship, they probably win one or two more with or without injuries and Brooks becomes one of the greatest coaches of all time.  Man... shit happens. 

I would take Draymond by a hair because of games played and I think he's a more versatile defender.  But Leonard's ability to generate steals without getting out of position is mind-boggling.  His hands are so incredibly good.  You really can't go wrong with either.

What's pretty messed up is that a third of the voters left Green off of their ballot entirely.  How the fuck does that happen?

Best guess is they voted mostly for rebounds and rim protection.

Never mind that Green is basically an elite defender at all five positions.

Anybody who votes for DPOY based on rebound numbers should be forced to watch hours of Kevin Love post defense, Clockwork Orange style.

• Like 2

I wish they took a bigger look at stuff like opp fg%, points scored against, etc.  Lots of great defenders got passed over through the years because the voters don't look at the entire impact of their defensive game.

Either anger or maybe just curl up in a ball and cry.

*THIS* fucking close to a dynasty.

...Larry Brown and Carmelo clashed badly on the 2004 Olympic team in large part due to Brown's refusal to play rookies. If they swapped the pick, Melo, Wade, or Bosh would have been that bust instead (and if they're someone like Melo fighting, Detroit probably loses the '04 title to boot.)