DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA OFFSEASON

Cole Miner

So the Sixers had a chance to have 4 first round picks this year. Right now they would get none of those extra picks. None of them turn into 2 2nd round picks just yet thankfully. Can still get the Lakers or Heat pick but the odds are long.

Unless the Heat get into the Top 3, the pick goes to Philly, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Concentration has to be getting Dragic under lock and key. Of course, BSG's idle speculation of KD in Miami...  No.  No no no.  I won't even think about it. Yet.

Unless the Heat get into the Top 3, the pick goes to Philly, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Unfortunately it is top 10 protected not 3. This year and next year it is top 10 and the following year it is unprotected. The Lakers pick owed to Philly is top 5 protected this year and top 3 protected the next 2 years. After that it is unprotected. The Thunder pick is top 18 protected this year and top 15 next year. That one will turn into 2 2nd rounders after that one. I have little doubt that we will get that one next year. Here is a page on realgm that tracks them all. Will be interesting to see what Boston does with all those picks.

Well, well, Woj is saying Scotty Brooks may get blamed for this disastrous season for OKC, as he's having his job evaluated by the Thunder.

Except he is a terrible coach.  They have to work way too hard to get points, and they have two of the top 5 players in the league.  All of their playoff runs end with a team denying KD the ball and Westbrook getting blamed for every loss for shooting too much.  The problem is there is no system in place to get those guys easy shots.  KD and Russ have to manufacture everything.

Brooks absolutely does not deserve to be fired for this year turning into a disaster, KD missed huge chunks, Ibaka the stretch, and even Westbrook missed a fair amount of time.

But... He's also not a real great game plan coach and new blood is probably needed. Making the right move for the wrong reason is still making the right move.

Yeah, this season was a wash for OKC because their three best players were all hurt for large stretches. No team could manage that. But Brooks is really bad. Not every team can play like the Spurs, and having KD and Russ in iso isn't an awful option by any means. But they need to get some easier shots.

I thought that Kevin Durant might have backed the ownership/management into a corner with Brooks. Because of how forceful he went after the media in defense of Brooks. Just makes you wonder if they might be reluctant to dump him for that reason. ESPN is already going to turn the Thunder into a media circus next year over Durant being in the last year of his contract.

The Timberwolves had the worst record in the NBA, which almost assuredly means that they'll end up with the 4th overall pick in the draft, because Timberwolves.

But on the contrary, The Timberwolves also have the 2010s' all-important "You traded away your All-Star franchise player to make us a superteam, and the NBA owes you one for this" to guarantee they win the lottery...that also has to be covered.

The Timberwolves had the worst record in the NBA, which almost assuredly means that they'll end up with the 4th overall pick in the draft, because Timberwolves.

But on the contrary, The Timberwolves also have the 2010s' all-important "You traded away your All-Star franchise player to make us a superteam, and the NBA owes you one for this" to guarantee they win the lottery...that also has to be covered.

With most other teams, I'd consider that a possibility. With the Timberwolves? Not a chance.

The Wolves have been in the lottery 16 times. They've stayed at the same spot 8 times, and they've gotten a worse selection 8 times. They've never improved their draft position via the lottery. (Obviously, they can't improve it this year, either.)

They've gone into the lottery with the #1 overall pick twice. . .

1992 - The year of the Shaq/Mourning draft where the Timberwolves, of course, wound up at #3 and took Christian Laettner (who wasn't bad, but. . .well, fuck, he wasn't Shaq or Mourning).

2011 - Wound up at #2 and took Derrick Williams after the Cavs took Kyrie Irving.

This team has no luck. Granted, they've had plenty of stupidity to go along with it (sure, let's take Jonny Flynn over Steph Curry, for example), but there's been plenty of bad luck, too.

Your rec league team The Clippers are getting new jerseys:

CCzUf83UkAAz6Ql.png

Those are not great.

Your rec league team The Clippers are getting new jerseys:

CCzUf83UkAAz6Ql.png

Those are not great.

Wow is this terrible. I never thought anyone would take the pre-LeBron Cavs idea and combine it with the awful fonts of the Chris Morris-era Nets. You can just hear the focus group testing that went into this. Also, whoever wrote that statement needs to learn capitalization.

"Incorporating black injects youthful energy and edge." - Donald Sterling

"Incorporating black injects youthful energy and edge." - Chicago White Sox and Atlanta Falcons marketing consultants circa 1991

Those are terrible, and since when has the Clipper franchise had a "core character"?

I dunno, Benoit Benjamin maybe?