DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA OFFSEASON

Cole Miner

Jimmy Butler doesn't like to dwell on his past, so he removed the rear view mirror in his car.   Can someone tell him that just because something is behind him it doesn't mean it is in the past.  Time doesn't work like that man.

• Like 1

Jimmy Butler doesn't like to dwell on his past, so he removed the rear view mirror in his car.   Can someone tell him that just because something is behind him it doesn't mean it is in the past.  Time doesn't work like that man.

Jimmy Butler doesn't like to dwell on the past, so he gets in a lot of fender benders in parking lots.

Going to Bucks/Wolves tonight in Madison.  Really looking forward to seeing the young dudes live.

Interesting/hilarious/pointless chatter a buddy of mine started on Facebook today:

What NBA team translates the best to SlamBall?

The obvious argument is Golden State, since they have great dunkers and DAJ is also an awesome rim protector. I'm going to go with Memphis, though. Their defense and Grit'n'Grind style is MADE for SlamBall.

Bucks/Wolves was pretty shit.  Minnesota's shooting is just awful and they had no offensive flow.  Muhammad and Wiggins were the only Wolves that showed much on offense, although Towns hit a couple of nice jumpers.  Monroe looked like a beast, battling for offensive rebounds and at least sort of trying on defense.  MCW was aggressively attacking the basket but kept turning the ball over.  Copeland was a pleasant surprise; he was moving without the ball and hitting corner 3s, which is exactly what they need from him.

The most entertaining part of the game was the crowd lustily booing Tyus Jones every single time he touched the ball.  Garnett got a nice ovation during the pregame, then fouled Giannis twice in the first two minutes and got booed for the rest of the game.

Not sure if fly-by-night independent pro leagues belong in the NBA but appears that the AmeriLeague was essentially a long con of some sort.

The AmeriLeague was going to have teams in Vegas with a decent roster of borderline NBA guys. They were also hoping to get some top high school players who aren't interested in college lined up. They also had TREE ROLLINS and Paul Mokeski as coaches.

I'm excited, we have our ENTIRE starting 5(minus Parsons) suiting up against the Bulls tonight.  How Matthews recovered so quickly is amazing.  Hopefully he's the exception to the rule with his injury.  IF everyone gets to form quickly, I'll be excited, since I like some guys like John Jenkins and even Salah Mejri that the team picked up.  Powell has looked like a great consolation prize in the Rondo bust.

Also, Lil B cursed Harden again.  Sorry Rockets fans, 0-82. :P

I feel very optimistic right now.  D-Will and Matthews both looked really good tonight. The talent gap between broken down Williams and every PG we've had after Kidd is just immense, and it was apparent.  Chicago's offense looks really fluid, but there are still a few wrinkles they are ironing out.  It feels weird to see that Noah will likely be a sixth man.  Their drive and kick game is strong, and even Gasol was lining up from 3.

Rose looked good in limited action.  Really excited for the Portis/McDermott coming out party this year.  Portis will struggle for minutes early, but it's a long season and once he gets in the rotation he might never come back out.  ROSE THOUGH.  The Hoiberg offense looks completely different when he is pushing the ball up the court.

Also, this is your friendly reminder that Karl-Anthony Towns is going to be a force RIGHT AWAY.  I'm talking borderline all-star numbers here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZzXPQzBlAU&feature=youtu.be

Another season where the Lakers will be fun to watch for 2-3 quarters before the opposing team empties out the bench because they're up 30-40 points.

I agree. Starting lineup is a mix of 3 young players who should be running and 2 older guys who will want to slow down the pace. The bench looks like fun though with Huertas/Lou/Swaggy/R.Kelly (or Black)/Bass. Some scoring, but those 5 can't guard anyone. Kelly played out of position most of last season at SF and looked lost. This year he's going to play more at 4, so he should do a lot better. I like the Lou, Huertas & Bass signings. Team's better than last season, but still has some holes, lacks defense and not good enough out West.

The injury bug already started w/ Kobe and Clarkson possibly missing opening night. :(

Pisses me off that Dajuan Wagner got caught up in that shit. Dude was the best player ever out of South Jersey, it's a goddamn shame ulcerative colitis robbed him of a pro career...

Camden's Messiah. He was SO FRIGGIN' GOOD.

I don't get mad about much, but one thing that always grinds my gears is when Wagner is referred to as a bust, or ends up on a list like that. Dude was basically rookie year Iverson when before he blew out his knee, came back, blew out his knee and then was diagnosed with Colitis. The man was going to be a force, and it's a shame it never happened. 

• Like 1

Pisses me off that Dajuan Wagner got caught up in that shit. Dude was the best player ever out of South Jersey, it's a goddamn shame ulcerative colitis robbed him of a pro career...

Camden's Messiah. He was SO FRIGGIN' GOOD.

I don't get mad about much, but one thing that always grinds my gears is when Wagner is referred to as a bust, or ends up on a list like that. Dude was basically rookie year Iverson when before he blew out his knee, came back, blew out his knee and then was diagnosed with Colitis. The man was going to be a force, and it's a shame it never happened. 

He could have probably used one more year of seasoning in Memphis to get his shot ready for the NBA. He scored a decent amount his rookie year but he was under 40%. But he was far from Dion Waiters or someone like that -- he would have improved and become a real nice player if he had a healthy body that matured with his game. I could see him having at least the career Monta Ellis had.

But he was seriously a huge deal in the Philly area in high school. I think Camden played one of the big Catholic HS teams in Philly (maybe Roman with Eddie Griffin) and it sold out the Liacouris Center, I believe. If not that, then The Palestra.