DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA OFFSEASON

Cole Miner

So Tristan Thompson did not sign the qualifying offer, which all but guarantees that he will be a Cav for at least two more years. Probably longer than that. I'm basing this off the assumption that Thompson will not want to hold out for a significant portion of time if his goal is still to max his value. 

Without Love, Shumpert, Irving or Thompson, the Cavs will probably start preseason with a lineup of Mo/JR/James Jones/Lebron/Mozgov which is basically PTSD inducing for Lebron. May as well sign Larry Hughes to a 10 day for old times sake.

Some opposing mascot is going to hunt the deer at one of the games, I just know it. Note, unless you're an idiot, there aren't a lot of deer in most of Milwaukee.

For Lebron to have the BALLS  to call anyone else's contract negotiations a "distraction" is beyond pot calling the kettle black. . . . http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13807188/lebron-james-calls-tristan-thompson-situation-distraction-cleveland-cavaliers

LeBron doesn't negotiate during the actual season and has never been in a situation like this--so to that end, he's correct.  And obviously, he's angling to get Thompson a good deal.  He's putting pressure on both sides--in short, get this sh*t done and let's win a damn ring.

Respect the crown, blouses! ;)  (jk, in case that doesn't come across)

The Durant/SAS saga is interesting.  I don't doubt Durant when he says he and his CLOSE associates don't talk to SAS.  But I almost guarantee someone with at least some access/knowledge on his situation does.  Start with any low-level employees at Roc Nation and go from there.

It's not like what's being said hasn't been put on the table before.  And SAS, for all his babbling, usually has his NBA facts straight.

The whole 'don't make an enemy of me' spiel is too Mafioso in the movies to be anything but a laugh, though. How can one seriously say that.

I have no idea of the context of his remarks but Stephen A. Smith just told Kevin Durant "you do not want to make an enemy out of me." BWAHAHAHAHA

Apparently Smith made thoughts that Durant was going to the Lakers and Durant said that he has never talked to Screaming A Smith and that he is basically a liar.  

I loved the "he looked straight in the camera so you know he is serious" line of thinking by some.  ESPN is really turning into the WWE more and more. 

I have no idea of the context of his remarks but Stephen A. Smith just told Kevin Durant "you do not want to make an enemy out of me." BWAHAHAHAHA

Apparently Smith made thoughts that Durant was going to the Lakers and Durant said that he has never talked to Screaming A Smith and that he is basically a liar.  

I loved the "he looked straight in the camera so you know he is serious" line of thinking by some.  ESPN is really turning into the WWE more and more. 

Screamin' Stephen always mentions every star is going to the Lakers. He always brings it up. He's a clown.

Screamin' Stephen always mentions every star is going to the Lakers. He always brings it up. He's a clown.

Because every player is going to give the Lakers a look since they will have the cap space for max deals they would be dumb not to.

For what it's worth, Durant didn't just basically call Smith a liar, he actually directly said it.

I still say Smiths response on Bomonie Jones radio show should have been the end of it. He said something along the lines of "Just cause you didn't talk to me doesn't mean I cant talk about you."

The Nets lost to Fenerbhache tonight, becoming (I think) second NBA team to ever lose to a foreign team (NYK lost to an Israeli team a few years back). They may challenge the Sixers for the league basement.

The Nets lost to Fenerbhache tonight, becoming (I think) second NBA team to ever lose to a foreign team (NYK lost to an Israeli team a few years back). They may challenge the Sixers for the league basement.

Spurs lost to Berlin last year in the preseason by 1. There might be more but that is all I remember.  Nets point guard situation is pretty ugly.