DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA OFFSEASON

Cole Miner

I haven't been paying attention but who is on the OKC roster? 

They are actually pretty loaded. It looks Kanter returning is all but done. He gives them that 3rd scoring option and he is s a monster offensive rebounder. He averaged 5 a game while with OKC. Steven Adams off the bench is a great defender. There is debate over whether he should be starting. Problem is not knowing how Donovan will approach the offense. Either way though this is a good 2 man rotation.

Power forward you have Ibaka obviously. He has developed into a very good 3 pointer. They'd lost some offensive rebounding but got it back with Kanter. Collison is a fine player off the bench. They also have McGary they drafted last year. He seems to have extended his range. Not sure if he will eat into Collison's minutes though since he can defend better.

The wings they have Morrow and Singler that are both 40% 3 point shooters. It may have gone under the radar but Andre Roberson is a young Tony Allen level defender. Figure they'll start him since Donovan has an offense better suited to his game. Still won't be a great offensive player. They also have Dion Waiters who hasn't lived up to his draft slot to be kind.

They drafted Cameron Payne at 14 this year. Versatile guard they will need to back up Westbrook. Only other guy is Augustine and he's not all that appealing a player.

I would give OKC the edge at C. San Antonio at PF. Alridge has always been successful against Ibaka. Advantage for Oklahoma City at SF. Durant's defensive numbers have actually been better than Leonards the last 2 years on top of his stellar offense.

I give the advantage to OKC at SG because Roberson will have no issue with Green. Well, to be fair Green will have no issue with him as well. So I guess it is even.

PG is easy win for OKC. Tony Parker was a liability last year in the playoffs. Of course none of this matters if Donovan doesn't install a good system. I love the way San Antonio matches up with Golden State. I think in a series against either team though that Parker will be the biggest liability on the court.

• Like 2

It's championship or bust now for the Spurs.  Okay, maybe finals or bust.  Maybe.  The expectations are set.

Clippers are scrambling.  I can actually see Blake having a big year, if he stays healthy, with DJ gone.  They are really going to missed that off the ball rim protection though.

I would give OKC the edge at C. 

Wait... Tim Duncan is going to be the Spurs center. David West, in all likelihood is going to back up Tim with Diaw backing up LMA. You really think Kanter and Collison are better than Duncan and West as a combo????

It's champship or bust now for the Spurs.  Okay, maybe finals or bust.  Maybe.  The expectations are set.

This is San Antonio, every year is championship or bust.

• Like 1

It's championship or bust now for the Spurs.  Okay, maybe finals or bust.  Maybe.  The expectations are set.

Not really.  I don't know how many years I've heard "No one talks about the Spurs" and "The media ignores the Spurs" from their fanbase during the season.  That's not going to be a talking point this year.   They lost in the 1st round of the playoffs, and it seem disappointing, but not the end of the world.  They had already won their redemption title the year before anyway.  Next season, losing in the first round is a much bigger story.  Yes, some people have been waiting for the Spurs to slip up for awhile now with  age catching up with them, but the talent there now means more media attention and pressure.   Of course, talent level > pressure/media attention, all day everyday.  See the Heat and the KG/Allen/Pierce Celtics.

Edited by _MJ_

Not really.  I don't know how many years I've heard "No one talks about the Spurs" and "The media ignores the Spurs" from their fanbase during the season.  That's not going to be a talking point this year.   They lost in the 1st round of the playoffs, but it seem disappointing, but not the end of the world.  They had already won their redemption title the year before anyway.  Next season, losing in the first round is a much bigger story.  People have been waiting for the Spurs to slip for for awhile now with their age catching up with them, but the talent there now means more media attention and pressure.   Of course, talent level > pressure/media attention, all day everyday.  See the Heat and the KG/Allen/Pierce Celtics.

I'm pretty much just saying as a fan, that we expect a run every year regardless of who we got. The media is always going to flip/flop on us.

Poor Belinelli. He got replaced by LMA in the dancing Spurs gif... 

J9xsrem.gif

I'm certainly going to miss Bill Land's MAMMA MIA's after a clutch Belinelli 3.

In honor of Mo Williams signing back with the Cavs, I'd like to post this paragraph from an interview Mo did about Lebron after the decision. It is probably one of the my favorite things ever, just for the sheer ridiculousness: 

"Bron had me blinded man. He wins you over completely. He makes you feel like you're his best friend. He'll party with you, train with you, dance on the sideline with you... Look, growing up I was obsessed with the Thundercats. Bron found out and he had this artist make me a painting where it was me playing basketball, but I looked likePanthro. He would call me Panthro all the time, and I called him Lion-O. We used to joke about how Dwight (Howard, then their nemesis with the Orlando Magic) was Mumm-Ra." I ask Williams where that painting is now, and he crumbles his napkin and tosses it over his shoulder, then shrugs. "I couldn't get Bron to pick up my calls for a week after 'The Decision,' so finally I just sent him a text, I just said, Lion-O would never leave Panthro out in the cold. Two days later I get a text back that says I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat. But that's how he is... That's who he is. He makes you feel like a million bucks and then steps over you like a bad penny on his way out the door."

Imagine texting that to someone. It would make my life to be able to say that with a straight face.  

• Like 3

I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat.

This is the funniest thing I've read all day, and this has been a pretty funny day.

I literally cannot stop myself from laughing every time I read this. It's the gift that keeps on giving. 

• Like 2