DVDVR Message Board

Things you were wrong about

Reed

I vaguely recall when Shannon Elizabeth was "a thing"

I'm always stunned that, as far as meaty TV roles go, Daniel Benzali didn't get another long term lead after Murder One

James

Yeah, I watched the pilot of Breaking Bad and thought it was going to be a little too cute. I didn't go back to it until much later when I found out about the Walt heel turn and Odenkirk being a regular.

I really thought Pushing Daisies was going to last at least 7 seasons, y'know it would be that show that stayed on with mediocre ratings but when the cas threatens to walk the network gives them a huge pay raise for just one more season...

Alas...

James

I remember that season a bunch of pilots leaked online so I downloaded them all - I was convinced Pushing Daisies was going to be the next Lost or X-Files in terms of weird quirky fantasy-type series that became a pop culture phenomenon. Outside of a strong cult following, nobody really even remembers it was ever on sadly enough.

Now I'm annoyed I can't remember which episode of Dollhouse I thought was really good and should have won the Hugo instead of Waters of Mars. It wasn't Epitaph One which got nominated.

EDIT: figured it out. It was Belonging.

Yeah. I don't remember anything Maggie Grace has done outside being Liam Neeson's epically unlucky daughter in the Taken movies and having a little part in that one Rock movie with Billy Bob. I'd say Evangeline Lilly has just as good a film career. Emerson has a hit (ish?) network show. They're probably all tied for most successful Lost alums.

But, yeah, I think everybody expected Holloway to break out in some way - either as leading man in a successful TV series or transition into a decent movie career. They fact he's basically fallen off the map is one of those great mysteries you can only chock up to some combination of bad luck and bad choices.