DVDVR Message Board

Raw 4-13-15

MGFanJay

I know Seth has done this for awhile now, but I really like that if he comes later in the show after having a match earlier in the night he limps to the ring, really selling the damage from the previous fight.

I'm all for a chain match. What I am not for is it being a bloodless affair that will see Cena survive a massive beating only for him to win via trickery (I'm guessing he hogties Rusev). Rusev needs to look good in this. I want him to win, but as I said I fear he'll lose in some dumb manner.

Nevelle is doing all right. But it makes me wish they still had a show like Superstars or even Main Event on syndication. He should be wracking up wins over no name guys way before he moves up to big matches like he's had in the last two weeks. The opening of his tron is hilarious with the meteor/spaceship crashing to earth. Stardust should have that since he's from outter space and all.

• Like 1

Can Randy use the Diamond Cutter?  What about the Kanyon Cutter?  Bubba Cutter? 

This is a great idea. All Orton has to do is hit the RKO, throw out the "Diamond....BANG!" symbol, and collect the win and the title.

The Strap match is Caribbean if one of the Wrestlers in it is. If there are no Caribbeans in the match, it's American. But not as American as a good ol'fashioned TEXAS BULLROPE MATCH. Or, y'know, a Tennessee Bullrope Match, or Oklahoma bullrope match. Or Winnipeg Bullro... no.

Then again, how is a Chicago Street Fight different from a New York Street Fight, or a Hollywood Backlot Brawl?

You have to differentiate between a Luger Chicago Street Fight (which is really the suburbs), and a Road Warriors Chicago Street Fight.

• Like 1

I can't wait for Randy to bust out a diamond cutter.

This is a great idea. All Orton has to do is hit the RKO, throw out the "Diamond....BANG!" symbol, and collect the win and the title.

Oh, ok...

• Like 1

And what's the difference between a street fight and a no DQ match and a falls count anywhere match?

Well you can pin your opponent outside the ring in falls count anywhere, but the point stands. I hate when they have a fan vote and all three options are essentially the same.

I can't wait for Randy to bust out a diamond cutter.

Oh, ok...

TKO as well.

And what's the difference between a street fight and a no DQ match and a falls count anywhere match?

Street fight - No rules, anything goes, pinfall in ring

No DQ - Cannot be DQ'd, but can still be counted out. Pinfall in ring

Falls count anywhere - No DQ, Can pin your opponent anywhere in or out of the ring

The Strap match is Caribbean if one of the Wrestlers in it is. If there are no Caribbeans in the match, it's American. But not as American as a good ol'fashioned TEXAS BULLROPE MATCH. Or, y'know, a Tennessee Bullrope Match, or Oklahoma bullrope match. Or Winnipeg Bullro... no.

Then again, how is a Chicago Street Fight different from a New York Street Fight, or a Hollywood Backlot Brawl?

You have to differentiate between a Luger Chicago Street Fight (which is really the suburbs), and a Road Warriors Chicago Street Fight.

So Schaumberg, outside of the Portillos. Or maybe behind a Trader Joes.

Orton busting out KICK-WHAM-STUNNER would be just about as funny as BANG

They should have a Chicago Heights Street Fight, that would be way greasy. Or maybe a Peoria Street Fight where everyone ends up getting beat up by gang members, which actually happened to me once there.

Make it a Skokie Street Fight between Goldberg, Raven, Barry Horowitz, and Dean Malenko. Naturally, Paul Heyman is the genius behind the Skokie Street Fight.

Can The Nasty Boys participate? I know they're technically from Nastyville aka Allentown, PA but they're members of The Tribe.

I'm a little late to the game but I really loved the Rollins/Kane segment. Kane's largely a snooze but I think he's really good in the corporate flunky role. He really sold the anguish of the position he found (put?) himself in. He has to humble himself at the order of the new BMOC or risk losing what's now most important to him, which is his career. You really need to have a lot of skill and wrestling acting ability to play that off. And you certainly can't have a younger/newer wrestler in the role of obedient flunky like that. It was just really skillful and well-done. Rolling was awesome as the slimebag again, too.

I also loved how it was tied in with Team Hell No. That was a great callback. My biggest complaint with the writers is that they don't use the backstory of the universe they've created at all. This is sort of the same torment Kane went through in the Attitude Era -- where he was threatened and blackmailed by The Corporation and treated like trash by the ascendant Rock. Referencing that works really well. And you can use it to sell The Network. "Kane looks pissed. And remember, he was in a similar spot back at the XXX Pay Per View in 1998, when The Corporation did XXX and forced him to fight YYY."

• Like 1

But Gregg, that would require the writing staff to have knowledge of wrestling history. Also, if people who only know the current product started watching Attitude Era stuff, they might start deciding the current product is a bit too soft and lightweight.

The genius of the Attitude Era was that it recognised that all the little Hulkamaniacs of the 80s were now in their late teens/ early 20s and started targeting that age group. How old are the original Cena kids now?

• Like 1