DVDVR Message Board

Raw 4-13-15

MGFanJay

The Neville stuff doesn't bother me. He's a rookie and presented as a rookie. Rookies are expected to lose against top competition. The fact that he is presented as competitive means a lot. 

The other thing is he is not a beast. He's a smaller workrate type. He's similar to a Dolph or a Bryan. Part of what got those guys over is they are normal. Sometimes they lose and sometimes they win big. 

They are showcasing Neville and big wins are likely around the corner. 

I was going to ask if anyone else caught BNB's Foley homage, but Cristobal covered that.

Also, Seth Rollins is pretty dumb. You have a cage match with Orton and you ban the RKO?

You done fucked up son. If you have a cage match with Orton, you need to ban the Punt.

I was going to ask if anyone else caught BNB's Foley homage, but Cristobal covered that.

Also, Seth Rollins is pretty dumb. You have a cage match with Orton and you ban the RKO?

You done fucked up son. If you have a cage match with Orton, you need to ban the Punt.

Or make it a "pants required" match.  There's at least a 60% chance that Orton forgets to pack any out of habit that day.

• Like 8

Wasn't the Punt "banned" years ago when he was doing the IED gimmick? I can't remember the last time he hit one, which would actually be some nifty angle continuity on their part.

Haven't watched yet, so grain of salt:

Not terribly fond of Cena surviving finishers all the time nowadays...this is three weeks in a row that he's kicked out of someone's finisher on Raw.  The F-U has gotten to the point where you actually look weak if you lose after one, so I guess that means something for Wade and Dean (not so much for Stardust).

In all seriousness though, a 'Russian Chain' match might be the dumbest stip name I've heard in a while.  Is the chain specifically Russian?  Like deadly galvanised Russian steel?  Or are those dastardly Russian's really known for their brutal chain based combat?

WWE's been doing ethnic gimmick matches for about fifty years.  This is nothing new at all.

Ivan Koloff was the master of the Russian chain match.

Chief Jay Strongbow was the master of the Indian strap match.

Jimmy Snuka was the master of the Fijian strap match.

Savio Vega was the master of the Caribbean strap match.

Wasn't the Punt "banned" years ago when he was doing the IED gimmick? I can't remember the last time he hit one, which would actually be some nifty angle continuity on their part.

Last time he attempted it was against Mark Henry at Hell In A Cell 2011.

Last time he attempted it was against Mark Henry at Hell In A Cell 2011.

Actually, he hit one against The Big Show in 2013. He also missed one against Jericho at NOC 2014.

• Like 1

The Orton/Rollins stipulations were really smart if you ignore how they presented it on screen. Rollins takes out the move that pinned him last month, Orton counters by giving himself a way to win without hitting his finisher.

Neville's 450 off the barricade was amazing.

Naomi's heel turn was really good. The line "Do wins and losses mean anything anymore?!" was the perfect double-layered reality-era line that should resonate with different segments of the audience for different reasons.

The PTPs continue to be funny. It would be nice if the tag and women's divisions were allowed to have multiple feuds instead of only one title feud going on at a time.

• Like 1

I am so tired of the following things:

1. John Cena getting booed to death and the announcers calling it a split crowd
  2. Those audiences immediately popping the second Cena says something happy clappy about their city

But I do love Bad News Barrett and I like it when he elbows John Cena in the face.

Do women die if they take an over the top rope bump? The women getting gently pushed off the of the apron under the bottom rope feels worse than lingerie pudding matches at this point. 

Paige had a great promo, Namoi having a character beyond 'My name is Naomi and my butt will hit you' should be fun.

Nikki Bella's new 'my dad owns a successful dealership' character RULES. I HAVE SO MANY SOCCER TROPHIES

I really liked the Primetime Players taped promo, but shame on editing for not splitting it up it into jumpcuts. The little lulls were hurting the lulz. 

Also, what are they going to do being down an Uso? I'd be down with Damien Usedow joining the superkick party.

• Like 1

The Strap match is Caribbean if one of the Wrestlers in it is. If there are no Caribbeans in the match, it's American. But not as American as a good ol'fashioned TEXAS BULLROPE MATCH. Or, y'know, a Tennessee Bullrope Match, or Oklahoma bullrope match. Or Winnipeg Bullro... no.

Then again, how is a Chicago Street Fight different from a New York Street Fight, or a Hollywood Backlot Brawl?