DVDVR Message Board

The Video Game Music Thread

J.T.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So I went back to Rocket League this weekend, and I've decided this is probably the best main menu music I've ever heard, or at least the best since games have switched to CD quality songs instead of on-board sound chips. Them big fuckin' chords are what it's all about.

and for good measure, here's an old sound chip intro music track I enjoy a great deal

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

In honor of the just-passed 20th Anniversary of Soul Edge's PS1 release as Soul Blade, I give you some of my all-time favorite game compositions.

Rock's theme (PS1 version)

And its original:

Taki's theme

Cervantes!

And of course, the staff roll theme that hit me in the gut in my weebiest era:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you have Spotify, Capcom just dumped what seems to be dozens of soundtracks and compilations going back a couple decades there. I'm still scrolling through it all, but there's a ton of Street Fighter, MegaMan, Phoenix Wright, and even Okami.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, JLSigman said:

If you have Spotify, Capcom just dumped what seems to be dozens of soundtracks and compilations going back a couple decades there. I'm still scrolling through it all, but there's a ton of Street Fighter, MegaMan, Phoenix Wright, and even Okami.

I just recently got into Spotify and thanks for posting this.  Cycling through it there's definitely quite a lot to go through.

• 6 months later...

Damn it. They must not have cleared it in Canada yet. Hopefully it's just a matter of time and not another whole ball of wax for them. I would love it if they could beef up their video game and soundtrack game as a whole.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Damn it. They must not have cleared it in Canada yet. Hopefully it's just a matter of time and not another whole ball of wax for them. I would love it if they could beef up their video game and soundtrack game as a whole.

Good luck. I know that SquareEnix has dumped a bunch of stuff in the last couple months as well. There's still some artists I'm still waiting for, especially from non-Uematsu adjacent series, but the fact that they recently added the Ghost in the Shell anime soundtracks is a good sign that maybe they'll open everything up to everyone.

• Like 1