DVDVR Message Board

The Video Game Music Thread

J.T.

Music from original scores, not actual real life songs.  We already have a thread for that.

Tell the truth.  You shit your pants the first time you saw Sephiroth.

The more I think about it, the more I consider Those Chosen By The Planet to be Sephiroth's iconic theme but that will be labeled blasphemy by the One Winged Angel contingent.

• Like 2

That is total bullshit.  I went old school with my first pick.

The Play! Concert Series is the best thing ever. 

The opening theme for Chrono Trigger starts at the 1:46 mark of the video.  If something doesn't well up inside you, you probably don't have a pulse or a soul.

It is also cool to see the violinist in the lower right corner of the vid get his classical on during the Chrono Cross theme.

• Like 1

There is a legit case to be made for playing Skyrim just for the soundtrack. Jeremy Soule killed it:

http://youtu.be/tP4VtM-bTXQ

If you're going to post Final Fantasy music pick the correct game please I know this is ridiculously long but come on:

(EDIT: Shit, missed this was already up somehow. Well now it's up twice.)

http://youtu.be/4N_EyM5v8iM

Nobody played games in the 90's and doesn't get flashbacks:

As a child, the first time I heard this theme nothing filled me with greater joy and greater dread at the same time. Joy because I had made it this far...and dread because I was facing King Bowser on the hardest Mario game at that point,

Also, this theme here was always my second favorite right behind Sephiroth's theme.

And this theme right here is the classic theme to end all classic themes, IMO.

The main theme to DooM 3.

Contrary to urban legend, the theme song was not composed by Trent Reznor and NiN is not performing.  His soundtrack did not make the game due to "time, money, and bad management."

The Doom 3 theme was composed by Chris Vrienna, a former drummer for NiN, and he performed it with his band, Tweaker.

The more I think about it, the more I consider Those Chosen By The Planet to be Sephiroth's iconic theme but that will be labeled blasphemy by the One Winged Angel contingent.

I like the Advent children version waaay better than the original. Those Chosen is perfect for the old score.

Let's see here....

FInal Fantasy X - Otherworld

Chaos Theory - Ruthless

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core - The Summoned (an awesome remake of "Those Who Fight Further")

Devil May Cry 4 - Forza Del Destino

• Like 1