DVDVR Message Board

UFC on Fox 15: Machida vs. Rockhold (4/18/2015) - Newark, NJ (Prudential Center)

Elsalvajeloco

Strong finish from Holloway. I thought Swanson was gonna find angles to get in and get out and beat Holloway to the punch. Turns out Holloway ended up doing that instead and used his reach advantage to smash him with hooks and counters from both stances. Great stuff.

Yeah, Machida was stumbling in the second round when he was on his feet.

His head had nowhere to go back but straight into the mat with that elbow. That had to suck big time.

Well, Rockhold did what he needed to do.

Man Luke Rockhold was good in Strikeforce, but he was never this good.  He definitely rose to the competition level in the UFC.

Max Holloway, his growth as of late has been outstanding.  And he's not even 24 yet.  Insane.

Max Holloway, his growth as of late has been outstanding.  And he's not even 24 yet.  Insane.

His growth from his first couple fights is tremendous. I mean the Hawaiian "Just Scrap" style would have won him a decent number of fights just based on his offensive fire power. However, against Swanson, he was showing defensive responsibility and showed versatility from orthodox and southpaw. He never allowed Cub to get set and throw a big right hand. As soon as Cub got ready to get into it, he switched to orthodox and took away Cub's right hand with appropriate distance. I also loved that everytime Max was southpaw, he used his lead hand to keep Cub honest. He was using the right hook, perhaps the single most underutilized punch by southpaws in MMA, to bust him up and disrupt any offense on Swanson's part. Any pressure on Swanson's part was negligible. Just a brilliant strategy.

• Like 1

Van Zant used her swarming style to overwelm Herrig and win the fight. We shall see if 12 Gauge gets the next title shot or another girl gets it and Paige is one more fight away from a title shot.

Rockhold crushed Machida and will get the Belfort/Weidman winner.

Did anyone catch the license plate number of the ass-whooping that hit Machida tonight?

RKHLD-1N-R2

Jesus Christ, what a fucking beating Lyoto took. Rockhold was a solid guy in Strikeforce, but he never looked THAT dominant.

Pixie cute total warrior PVZ beat the shit out of Herrig much to my delight.  That is how she got her Reebok endorsment, fucking haters..  By whooping dat ass.

Guest Edwin

In all fairness, that's not why PVZ got that Reebok deal and we all know that...

I'm sure this has been discussed already, so I'll just drop it at that.