DVDVR Message Board

The NHL Starts Again On 10/7

Dolfan in NYC

Deer are a fucking nuisance around here. Always bounding out of nowhere.

When I was a teenager, a buddy of mine decapitated one when he hit it with his Firebird (remember teenagers). No major damage to the car, but the earliest appointment he could get with Manitoba Public Insurance for inspection was 3 or 4 days after the fact. He was told not to wash his car before the appointment, so he had to drive around for half a week with deer blood and bile smeared all over the front.

So'z, I went through the HFboards thread on the Canucks' summer summit where season ticket holders are invited to ask the management questions. Benning was booed, there were some Lack chants, he admitted teams called for Ryan Miller (LOL), defended moving Lack's superior save percentage because Miller had a better win percentage (LOL), defended the Prust move because we lost to Calgary due to a lack of emotion (LOL), and he and Trevor Linden defended promoting John Weisbrod by saying he was behind the drafting of Gaudreau and Monahan  (one of whom was drafted 2 days prior to his tenure in Calgary and the other he wouldn't even have been able to draft if the O'Reilly offer sheet -> waivers thing would've came about). Solid stuff. I literally think any Canuck fan with a modicum of understanding how advanced stats work could do a better job than these people. Winning percentage? Emotion? 

• Like 1

No Seattle bid apparently.

Might just be QC and LV.

Apparently the whole "$500 million expansion fee" completely blindsided all three Seattle-area bidders and none of them had any idea how they would raise half a billion dollars by 2017 for the team when they're having trouble trying to raise the money for the arena itself.

No Seattle bid apparently.

Might just be QC and LV.

Apparently the whole "$500 million expansion fee" completely blindsided all three Seattle-area bidders and none of them had any idea how they would raise half a billion dollars by 2017 for the team when they're having trouble trying to raise the money for the arena itself.

500 million is absurd.  Half of that is even absurd.  Seattle doesn't really have to worry about that though since if they really get an arena and want a team they will get a relocated team.

Yeah, i presume they expect Seatlle to get the coyotes.

That would be awesome. I'd head over for a game anytime the Wings are in town. I've somehow never seen them in-person before...
  • Like 1

Problem is that I really think time has passed Lou by. Last several years in NJ have been ugly and there's a reason he was pushed aside. Time may prove me wrong but this feels like WCW hiring Bill Watts.

Which, despite the few kinks, worked out pretty darn well, sooooo?

Don't know if I agree with that, but we'll just agree to disagree. I was at the Devils prospects game on Saturday and Lou was there taking pictures with people and signing autographs. Amazing that 5 days later he's gone. Devil fans I've spoke to are glad he's gone because the feeling was that he cast a shadow over the organization and now Shero can be 100% be in command. There really is a strong feeling there that Lou had lost it. Maybe he has a second wind in him but my gut just says no.

Problem is that I really think time has passed Lou by. Last several years in NJ have been ugly and there's a reason he was pushed aside. Time may prove me wrong but this feels like WCW hiring Bill Watts.

Lou will ban any Leafs player jumping off the penalty box.

• Like 1

Lou will ban any Leafs player jumping off the penalty box.
Anyone who loses a fight gets fired.